To Keep or Not to Keep?

mark1914

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to the Android forums and need advice/guidance. I'm an iOS user. Have been off and on for about 5 years. I have been using my ip4s for 1.5 years and happend to pick up a Note . What intrigued me about the Note was the size. The big screen was something new and different for me and I ha to try it. It was all that it was billed. Bright and big. The big phone part however is what's throwing me. It's not really pocketable for my profession. See, I'm a PE teacher and football coach. I can't carry the Note on the field or during games. With a case it's a monster in my pocket.

I still have my i4s and swap sims with an adapter daily and have considered selling my Note. I don't want to really. I like the screen size and the heft of my Note. Help me! I'm torn.

ramnitb

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Ello mate!

If you can manage the size then keep it. It's a great phone but what good is it if you can't use it? Being a PE teacher you are always on the go and such a big device can be a hindrance. Just select a phone that works best for you and if the best option for you at the moment is an Iphone then that's fine too. The note is great but if you can't adjust it to your lifestyle then it isn't a very good choice for you (phones are supposed to make our lives simpler not burden then). My friend is a runner and picked up the gnote but he ended up selling it because, coupled with the otterbox defender case, it was simply too bulky to take on a hike/ run with him. He is currently using his old iphone until he decides on which android he wants. Good luck with your decision:D

mark1914

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I don't run with my phone and we really aren't supposed to have a cell phone on us during class Lol. It's on me to stop peaking at new messages during class time.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Somewhere there is a thread, or maybe two or three, where some folks have mentioned getting holsters. I'd suggest looking up "holster". but you might end up with a lot of hits but very few that have exactly what you're looking for. I have a friend at work who wears a fanny pack all the time to carry stuff, would that work? Not as dignified looking, I know. Find a user named DAS on here, he's very active and checks in a lot. He talked about running and getting some kind of armband to hold the note. He might be able to help with the armband thing and maybe remember some of the holster types that were mentioned that might be right for you.