Officia Jelly Bean Update Notice-At&t Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717

Alerwisher

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
A Samsung Technical support worker has announced that the update for the Samsung note should be out before the quarters end which is the end of June 31, 2013. At&t Technical support has announced that they are testing the jelly bean update for The SGH-I717 Galaxy note and will be out out when testing is done. Any one else been able to get info out out of either company for a more iron clad date?

jeeves744

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Its about time considering how many other lower phones from att have been getting upgraded but the Note continues to be overlooked

BSDGuyShawn

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I would wait for the note 3 in Sept. Rumors are it will be modeled on the one.

I don't know if I want to hang on for rumors. I have heard great things from friends about HTC (I will always have a Note device of some type) and have no problem with the HTC One. If Samsung/AT&T get it together I may come back to that combination for my mobile phone. I don't see waiting much beyond August (not like that matters to them in the grand scheme of things LOL)

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I want to hang on for rumors. I have heard great things from friends about HTC (I will always have a Note device of some type) and have no problem with the HTC One. If Samsung/AT&T get it together I may come back to that combination for my mobile phone. I don't see waiting much beyond August (not like that matters to them in the grand scheme of things LOL)
The one has two things that I do not like: No external sd card capability. No removable battery.
Also I suspect that until we see independent tests that the LTE areas will drain the power on this device. I hope I am wrong on this

BSDGuyShawn

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The one has two things that I do not like: No external sd card capability. No removable battery.
Also I suspect that until we see independent tests that the LTE areas will drain the power on this device. I hope I am wrong on this

The removable battery is the big one for me, but I lived in the iPhone world for years so that one is no big deal (hopefully). As far as external sd goes, I always want it, but have never used it.

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The removable battery is the big one for me, but I lived in the iPhone world for years so that one is no big deal (hopefully). As far as external sd goes, I always want it, but have never used it.

External sd card is great - more memory that one can take with you when you change phones and not have to pay ATT for the extra memory.

akdj

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I would wait for the note 3 in Sept. Rumors are it will be modeled on the one.

Why would Samsung model their Note after an HTC phone? Especially with the Note's success? I'm curious where you've seen these rumors...any links?

Its about time considering how many other lower phones from att have been getting upgraded but the Note continues to be overlooked

That's killing me...we had to wait some time for the ICS update---but to see the J/B update being introduced almost weekly to older, lesser Android phones isn't very comforting when considering the move to a Note 3---or any other Samsung/AT&T handset.

I'm right there with ya---I've owned the Note now for 14 months. I thought I'd use the extra battery, I've never bought one (still decent life on the stock battery). I bought a 32GB SD card for my Note right off the bat---but I've been unable to load any apps on it...or 'information'/data from apps have been unable to load to the SD card. Other than media (some music/movies), the SD card for me has been much more of a pain than a 'gain'. I could care less moving forward if my new choice has the option or not. Same as the battery. I'm fine paying an extra C Note up front to have 64GB of internal storage...and not have to **** with an SD card.

External sd card is great - more memory that one can take with you when you change phones and not have to pay ATT for the extra memory.

It would be if you could use the SD card for 'anything'...IE, loading apps...moving data back and forth from the apps, etc. Especially considering the size of some of these new apps...IE Asphalt 7, etc. See my above comments. Perhaps I'm completely ignorant to 'how' I'm supposed to utilizing my SD card for storage---but again, it's been more of a PITA for me rather than a bonus. I'd rather pay the manufacturer (not AT&T) for the extra, internal storage

Between the GS4 and the HTC 1---I can't get rid of my 'OG' Note quick enough;)

J

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Saw the quote on the Note 3 on some forum but don't remember the link. The story was that the criticism of the Samsung phones is only on the hardware not being as pretty as the HTC phones with their all metal cases. The rumor was that Samsung would try to make the Note 3 more like the One so as to make more distance between the Samsung Galaxy phones and the Note.

willmsbrg

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have the update running now and it looks good albeit NO multi-view option. So, I guess we didn't get "all" the bells and whistles. I'm still happy to have an update in any case and will just use my note 2 for multiview.

deadlock4400

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Check out the below URL please:

SAMSUNG

okey AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note owner, this is indeed a good news that at last AT&T has released the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 upgrade. of course, AT&T always late and careless about their smartphone OS upgrade matter. Although many smartphone like AT&T's Samsung Galaxy SII, Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket and Samsung Galaxy Note was bricked while upgrading through KIES, yet not AT&T released this type of OS upgrade via OTA and Kies both ways.

the main Samsung US webpage for Samsung JB update yet not updated, because there is JB update announced in that page for AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket or AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note. the link is below:

SAMSUNG

But now Note user can directly follow the below webpage for their JB upgrade on Note -

SAMSUNG

Before start update it will be perfect if you format your device properly (factory reset including internal USB storage).

On your windows pc, just uninstall Kies and Samsung usb driver. I suggest, restart your pc after every installation or uninstall please.

Microsoft .NET framework 3.5 or higher must be installed (you can have it from Microsoft website), whatever theme you are using, it'll better if you set classic Windows Theme(after JB upgrade you can change that). after latest Kies is installed properly and restarting your pc, disable your antivirus (or internet security software), windows firewall and windows defender.

Now you can open Kies and connect your Note via USB cable and after your device has detected properly then you can easily go for Jelly Bean upgrade step by step.

hope the success of all AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note user about Jelly Bean upgrade.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699