SAMOLED Plus is gorgeous

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
All I can say is wow. This is my first non - lcd screen and it is absolutely gorgeous. Blacks are truly black, and the colors are truly vibrant. I wish they could scale this technology up to larger displays. I never quite understood what all the hubub was all about til now. I feel truly spoiled and can never go back to an lcd screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

slvrevoix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the club lol. That's why from the last 7 android phones that I have owned, 4 were Samsungs with Samoled screens. They are just too gorgeous to live without.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
SAMOLED was nice on my Nexus S, but the SAMOLED + is just remarkable. The colors are so rich. It really makes it a joy use.

sent from my EPIC TOUCH 4G, GALAXY SII

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. When I switched to ATT /Samsung this weekend I took my GF right over to see the Sammy phones and first thing she did was fall in love with the screen.
Only thing I can say I am not impressed with is the whites look a little weird. Not a bright as I would have expected
Other color spectrums are very nice though

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The whites are good if you have the brightness set right. They seem to be very brightness dependent.

Also, the SAMOLED+ on the SGSII seems better than on the Infuse. Samsung definitely did some work with color balance and drivers between the two phones.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The whites are good if you have the brightness set right. They seem to be very brightness dependent.

Also, the SAMOLED+ on the SGSII seems better than on the Infuse. Samsung definitely did some work with color balance and drivers between the two phones.

I think that we havea color setting that the Infuse doesn't. That may be the difference.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I really loved the amoled screen on my captivate. I love the screen on my Motorola xoom tablet. But the samoled + on my gs2 is the most brilliant screen I've ever seen. Everyone I've shown it to is very jellus.
The screen, battery life, stability, speed and functionality of the phone make me very happy. Couldnt ask for much more.

buirus

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe my eyes are messed up but i prefer the screen on my wifey's iphone4. It just looks more crisp to me...dont get me wrong I am thoroughly enjoying my sg2 (aside from the battery issue of course!)

Deenybird

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yea but what about outdoor readability?
I'm coming from the iPhone4 and while indoors the sgsII looks great, it is MUCH harder to see the screen outdoors.
Also regarding pixel density: I miss the iphone4's ability to show tiny text without a hint of pixelation. On the sgsII, it's very uncomfortable to view webpage text when fully zoomed out.
If you guys haven't seen the iPhone's pixel density in person, do it. Crispness identical to a printed page is simply jaw dropping.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea but what about outdoor readability?
I'm coming from the iPhone4 and while indoors the sgsII looks great, it is MUCH harder to see the screen outdoors.
Also regarding pixel density: I miss the iphone4's ability to show tiny text without a hint of pixelation. On the sgsII, it's very uncomfortable to view webpage text when fully zoomed out.
If you guys haven't seen the iPhone's pixel density in person, do it. Crispness identical to a printed page is simply jaw dropping.

That would be the trade off. Better colors and bigger screen or a smaller screen and higher pixel density. Both screens are great, but I prefer the SGSII screen.

MrMercedes

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm loving the screen too. I don't like the whites on it though. I get a little blue tinting when looking at whites. Also sometimes a little what looks to be a very faint pink. Other than that, this phone kills the Iphone in my opinion. I've been an Iphone user since 2007. I'm glad I switched.

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually think the readability in outdoor lighting is really good. I leave the brightness on auto, and and i have no problem reading it. It is better than the moto atrix screen outdoors.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I actually think the readability in outdoor lighting is really good. I leave the brightness on auto, and and i have no problem reading it. It is better than the moto atrix screen outdoors.

I agree. The phone is fine for reading outside.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Other than that, this phone kills the Iphone in my opinion. I've been an Iphone user since 2007. I'm glad I switched.

amenbrother.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed