Galaxy SII vs. Galaxy Nexus

sp1ffy

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My original plan was to exchange my GS2 for an iPhone 4S.. then sell it, and buy the Galaxy Nexus/Nexus Prime when it came out. However, after looking at the specs of the Nexus... I feel like other than ICS, it's a complete sidegrade.

I imagine Cyanogen will have ICS available for the GS2 pretty quickly, so now I'm thinking that I should just keep my GS2.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

sp1ffy

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Probably could get that much. The 4S sells for more than the GS2. But if I did it I was just going to pay whatever the difference was.

BugDad25

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking along the same lines and finally decided the galaxy s was the way to go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Emcee

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
They did say a HSDA+ device would be available. I'm assuming that's international.

Personally, I find 4.3" at my upper limits for one-handed usability. 4.65" sounds sweet for movies, but I'll pass.

crewxp

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I like this thread. I am in the same boat. Just purchased my SG2 yesterday but what's the point in buying a new phone if the Nexus is better? If they have an unlocked sim phone, I wouldn't really know what to do.

Both are a step up from my iPhone!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hardware wise the biggest advantage to the Galaxy Nexus is the larger and higher resolution screen, with that said I am perfectly happy with the GS2

frozencloud

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
OK....I have to ask, who is making the jump to Galaxy Nexus??? Seriously, other than the higher resolution screen and ICS, nothing really impress me on the GN.

That being said, I love some of the features they added into ICS....not so much for the overall look of it.

sailador

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
OK....I have to ask, who is making the jump to Galaxy Nexus??? Seriously, other than the higher resolution screen and ICS, nothing really impress me on the GN.

That being said, I love some of the features they added into ICS....not so much for the overall look of it.

I am confused..I love my S2 but the Galaxy Nexus is damn tempting. I probably end up just buying the freaking Nexus off contract and I have both lol

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Specs are listed as this:

"Network: HSPA+ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100, EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900"

Does that mean there is a single version of the phone that is fully compatible with BOTH AT&T and T-Mobile 3G/4G bands? That would be quite nice... buy it unlocked unsubsidized and have the option to switch between AT&T and T-Mobile at essentially no cost.

Or will there be two different GSM versions?

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I like this thread. I am in the same boat. Just purchased my SG2 yesterday but what's the point in buying a new phone if the Nexus is better? If they have an unlocked sim phone, I wouldn't really know what to do.

Both are a step up from my iPhone!

And in two months there will be a better phone than the nexus. Just stick with a phone and enjoy it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty