Anyone using the Otterbox International case?

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I know the screen protector wont fit and I am OK with that. The question I have is about the top mic by the audio jack. Is that covered up or can you modify it? It looks like its even covered up for the International version also.

I loved my old Commuter case and I see the prices of these are dropping and I am about ready to take a chance.

I have even seen a few videos that people have posted saying that it fits but no one has taken a picture of that hole.

KeiranSolaris

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
From what I've read all you need to do is cut a notch in the silicon cover for the audio jack and it should work fine.

I ordered one off Amazon.com for $25 and it's sitting in my mailbox right now. Unfortunately my mail key has gone missing and I'm waiting for the post office to swap the lock out so I can get my mail.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered one. For $23.25 shipped with no tax I can take a chance. I have the Seidio case now but would rather have the Otterbox. I know the Otterbox has a hole cut out for the Iphone 4 and 4S top noise cancelling mic but I can see where the cut it for Android phone witht he option.

I will drill a hole if needed or cut the flap.

I have read that you can drill through thin rubber by using the drill in reverse or freezing the rubber first or both.

I don't think Otterbox will make a case for the I777 especially seeing that AT&T had cases on their website for the Skyrocket at launch time. Otterbox passed on ours

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Got mine yesterday and nobody on the other end reported hearing me any differently than before.

And, yeah, I can see now that the Skyrocket will be the AT&T "phone to have" and that the accessories offerings will reflect that.

KeiranSolaris

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
International fits my phone just fine. I took a sharp set of kitchen shears and just nipped a notch for the hole and no problems. I much prefer the feel of this case to the TPU one that I grabbed for $5 (not that the TPU was bad, this just feels more "premium").