Can't view videos

sportcourt7

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased the Samsung Galaxy SII a week ago and have noticed that while watching videos from Youtube or other sites and/or apps, the videos will begin on a blacked-out screen. It happens on a large majority of the videos I click on. The video screen will be completely blacked out but I can still hear the audio just fine. The problem seems to also freeze up the controls a bit, as well. What makes the whole thing worse is that since the video controls are located on the video screen, I cannot turn the video off, pause it or even mute it...so I'm stuck listening to a video I cannot see. Anybody experiencing the same problem? Know how to fix it?

Edit: Also, on a lot of videos on the web it says unable to play.

Last edited:

Jonna09

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Never had this problem for me,........though I can't multitask with the damn you tube app open. Is that normal?

Anyway, is your app up to date?

Something I was wondering, now that you tube allows html5 videos to be uploaded, is the you tube app capable of playing videos encoded in that format? Or does it filter out those results from the search?

sportcourt7

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
So I restarted it and that helped but when I am on the web it only plays one video then every other one says "unable to play video". It will play the first video good which ever one it is but that is it it won't play anymore. I have also tried different browsers and they all do the same thing.