resolution ?

thinguy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
wondering about the lower resolution of the S2 compared to the iPhone 4. I don't see it mentioned in any threads as a concern or issue and I'm surprised?

mclifford82

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
That should indicate to you that it's not an issue. Looks just as good as my iPhone 4 did. Some of the apps that don't take advantage of hdpi on the other hand ...

mcl5000

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks better than the 4s screen. Aside from the fact that it's significantly larger, it's much more vibrant. That more than makes up for the lower resolution in my opinion.

If you're grasping for a reason to stick with an iphone, I guess you can hang on the resolution...but the SGS2 screen is much nicer to look at for me.

thinguy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm tired of what has become the generic look of IOS, the lack of customization, and the fact that everyone has one from tweens to grandmas.
So I'm going to switch to an Android something... just don't know what.
S II seems to be the phone of choice
SkyRocket is little bigger screen with same res and in some areas a slower proc.
skyrocket HD should have a nice hi resolution but same downfalls as the current rocket.
Note looks nice but I don't know if I want something that big.
One of the things I've disliked about Android and why I've not switched earlier is the constant release of new models

thinguy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Just looked at a floor model at Best Buy and at an ATT store. I used cnn.com as a sample page.
The galaxy had a yellowish tint compared to my iphone
The top header graphic and logo was blurry
The page formatting made everything too small.

Is the yellow tint an issue? Is the default browser recommended?

Hope this doesn't come off as flaming, I'm serious looking for an Android -need ATT (ugh)

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Did you play around with the screen brightness and/or screen modes on the GSII? Also, the browser has its own brightness setting. All of the above could have had an effect on your perception.

Hands down, Apple (Retina) and Samsung (Super AMOLED+) have some of the best displays in the smartphone market currently. Among Android devices, Samsung is thee best display, hands down (in my opinion anyway).

thinguy

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
No I didn't. The screens were bright but yellowish.
What/where screen settings are there?

Samsung is really the only thing I'm looking at. The reviews are all great.
The ATT sales guy was trying to point me toward an HTC Vivid, which felt like a brick.

konazxiii

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Truth be told, I'd personally prefer to have the brick feeling of an HTC/iPhone 4 but with the Samsung display.

As it is now, Samsungs are light in weight, but by no means wimpy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elKxgsrJFhw

I get where you're coming from in the side-by-side comparison...Retina is a good display, just in a different way than the SAMOLED.