S2 or wait?

DrDubzz

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've got captivate that I bought on its original release, I'm due for an upgrade.

it's been a good phone from a dev support standpoint, but I'm really itching to get a faster phone with a bigger screen. I could upgrade to the GS2 at Target for $20 right now, or continue to wait until the GS3 drops or maybe the HTC One X.

Obviously it will be an improvement, but will it really hold me over for 18 months with the newer stuff on the horizon (there's always something new coming out, bit it seems a new milestone would be the place to start)?

Also, I want a better camera, the newer phones coming out all, allegedly, have really nice cameras, how it the GS2's?

thanks

Angelsnecropolis

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I love my GS2. The camera is 8mp and records 1080p. But the GS3 is rumored to be much faster at a 1.8 possible quad core with 2gb of ram. The GS2 is 1.2 dual core and 1gb. If you can wait I would. If not the GS2 is still great.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

cajunaggie87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If your Captivate still works, I would wait until the GS3 is released and compare the prices. If the GS3 gets priced too high, chances are, the GS2 price will drop and it would still be a great choice. I just got the GS2 last week after drowning my HTC Inspire 4G in the Gulf of Mexico, and I absolutely love it.