Rooting and moving to CM10

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Getting frustrated with the stock ICS, and am wanting to root and install CM10 now that it appears pretty stable.

Question:

Can anyone point me to updated guides about how to root and then how to install CM10 to our specific i777 model with 4.0.3 installed? I've Googled some different guides, but they are for rooting Gingerbread, have links to older files, etc.

Thanks in advance!

namichael

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted mine last week using the info on galaxys2root.com. Pretty good instructions and many roms listed specifically for the at&t model. He has YouTube examples too if you're a visual learning of person.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

psufan32

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I just rooted mine last week using the info on galaxys2root.com. Pretty good instructions and many roms listed specifically for the at&t model. He has YouTube examples too if you're a visual learning of person.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

The questions that I run into are 1) They are using a Siyah 3 kernel, even though it appears that there is now a Siyah 4 kernel out, and 2) they talk about having CWM installed, but don't have a tutorial on how to install it (they seem to skip that step).

mviglesias57

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
The questions that I run into are 1) They are using a Siyah 3 kernel, even though it appears that there is now a Siyah 4 kernel out, and 2) they talk about having CWM installed, but don't have a tutorial on how to install it (they seem to skip that step).

CWM is built into the kernel for this phone, it's not a separate install.

unglued94ta

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If you still like touchwiz, go to xda after you root and flash shostock2. You won't be disappointed. :D

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non