CM10 or Stock?

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just polling people's preference. I like TouchWiz but don't like all the bloatware that I don't use. Why do you go with whichever you go with?

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't answer that question. I never had stock rom on the device long enough to actually use it. CM is awesome as far as I can tell. I used CM, AOKP and RootBOX. Returned to CM shortly after installing RootBOX and remained here.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just polling people's preference. I like TouchWiz but don't like all the bloatware that I don't use. Why do you go with whichever you go with?

I don't use stock and I don't use CM or AOSP. I prefer modified stock. I was once a big fan of CM and AOSP but after 2 years of it, I have found I really dislike it now. Especially on the gs3. Every special feature that makes your gs3 different is stripped by cm. AOSP and CM IMO, all look the same and haven't changed or progressed in over a year. The same features they have now we're all available a year ago. AOSP and CM did nothing but turn my snazzy GS3, into my 2 year old nexus s.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't use stock and I don't use CM or AOSP. I prefer modified stock. I was once a big fan of CM and AOSP but after 2 years of it, I have found I really dislike it now. Especially on the gs3. Every special feature that makes your gs3 different is stripped by cm. AOSP and CM IMO, all look the same and haven't changed or progressed in over a year. The same features they have now we're all available a year ago. AOSP and CM did nothing but turn my snazzy GS3, into my 2 year old nexus s.

What would you recommend? Because I'm not exactly impressed by the cm but that's the most recommended

Sent from my Red GS3

heatherrunkel

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I use CM10 because it's reliable, beautiful, efficient and true to stock. Battery life is great and I've had zero lag so far (been on it for about a week, used CM in the past on my HTC droid incredible-made a crap phone into a manageable one). It just depends on how you want the interface to look. Also CM is very customizable compared to touchwiz, hence my home screen. (I copied a highly rated minimalistic home screen design) uploadfromtaptalk1353564549764.jpg

Galaxy S III on CM10 v 4.1.2 :D

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
What would you recommend? Because I'm not exactly impressed by the cm but that's the most recommended

Sent from my Red GS3

I don't feel comfortable recommending roms I haven't personally tried. I have a sprint version so I can't fairly recommend anything for the at&t phone.

judge34411

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

TouchWiz is a slick piece of kit, if you don't want bloatware root your phone and work from their. Check out xda site for info. Good luck.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2