Streaming Platforms + Complaints !:~\ . . [ phone or tablet or PC or TV ]

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Certainly there's no shortage of them, although this will not be a popular thread, and thus will quickly sink off into the depths of the AC netherlands. . .(umm, I think I meant Hinterlands !=)

A few to start off with . . .

Why is it, that you can sign-in to Peacock .... but there's no way to sign-out (via PC) ?? 😒

And it really pisses me off that you have to have Peacock in order to watch most of the FIS World Cup Alpine Skiing coverage, as well as The Open (British Open) coverage, not to mention most of the Olympics coverage, nowadays. :mad:

Why on earth doesn't Paramount+ have a 'past payment history' link in Account settings .... like every other subscription/services company on the planet ?! 😒

Have you heard that Amazon has just started charging an additional $3 /mo. if you want to view any & all Amazon Video content ad-free?
Even though Amazon Prime memberships have already skyrocketed to $139 +tax per year ! So that's an additional $36 /year; now making Amazon Prime $175 /year — if one desires to have an Amaz Prime membership + watch any Amazon Video content ad-free! :rolleyes:

We may all be doomed, what with more and more tv content (that everyone w/ cable or satellite is already paying handsomely for), being moved to streaming platforms at an ever-increasing rate, but we don't have to like it ! :( Problem is . . if I go around yelling, "I'm fed up! And I'm not gonna take it anymore!" 😡. . . . . . . . . no one's gonna care, like that ol' Randy Travis song 'Nobody Knows (Nobody Cares)' ! :rolleyes: :LOL: 😐

Thanks for reading; I just had to vent ! ;)

Last edited:

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
Certainly there's no shortage of them, although this will not be a popular thread, and thus will quickly sink off into the depths off the AC netherlands.

A few to start off with . . .

Why is it, that you can sign-in to Peacock .... but there's no way to sign-out (via PC) ??

And it really pisses me off that you have to have Peacock in order to watch most of the FIS World Cup Alpine Skiing coverage, as well as The Open (British Open) coverage, not to mention most of the Olympics coverage, nowadays. :mad:

Why on earth doesn't Paramount+ have a 'past payment history' link in Account settings .... like every other subscription/services company on the planet ?!

Have you heard that Amazon has just started charging an additional $3 /mo. if you want to view any & all Amazon Video content ad-free?
Even though Amazon Prime memberships have already skyrocketed to $139 +tax per year ! So that's an additional $36 /year; now making Amazon Prime $175 /year — if one desires to have an Amaz Prime membership + watch any Amazon Video content ad-free! :rolleyes:

We may all be doomed, what with more and more tv content (that everyone w/ cable or satellite is already paying handsomely for), being moved to streaming platforms at an ever-increasing rate, but we don't have to like it ! :( Problem is . . if I go around yelling, "I'm fed up! And I'm not gonna take it anymore!" . . . . . . . . . no one's gonna care, like that ol' Randy Travis song 'Nobody Knows (Nobody Cares)' ! :rolleyes:

Your rant is understandable. These subscriptions are becoming too much?! We added Paramount a few weeks ago just so we can watch the Super Bowl but my husband neglected to cancel within the " trial period " and now we're stuck?? Got to at least watch the new Mission Impossible movie!!

Not that I care since I don't watch basketball but my husband and kids signed for the NBA pass to watch the games but they can't watch the local NY Knicks since they're home games are constantly blacked out?!?

Our favorite is Netflix. We've watched so many different movies and series on it and definitely worth the price! My rant turn is now over

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Good rant, would read again. 5 stars!
Well thank you most kindly! ;) Funny how an occasional rant can help your overall psyche.
Your rent is understandable. These subscriptions are becoming too much?! We added Paramount a few weeks ago just so we can watch the Super Bowl but my husband neglected to cancel within the " trial period " and now we're stuck?? Got to at least watch the new Mission Impossible movie!!

Not that I care since I don't watch basketball but my husband and kids signed for the NBA pass to watch the games but they can't watch the local NY Knicks since they're home games are constantly blacked out?!?

Our favorite is Netflix. We've watched so many different movies and series on it and definitely worth the price! My rant turn is now over
Thank you. ;) But we haven't paid rent since we first started building our own homes, many many years ago. 😜 Although there's an argument to be made that excessive and unjustified property taxes are a form of 'rent'. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Laura Knotek

BijouVixen

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
Well thank you most kindly! ;) Funny how an occasional rant can help your overall psyche.

Thank you. ;) But we haven't paid rent since we first started building our own homes, many many years ago. Although there's an argument to be made that excessive and unjustified property taxes are a form of 'rent'. :rolleyes:
Sorry. Edited the typo as " rant "!!!

A much better typo this time since my first one the day I joined was really baaad but mustang came to the rescue and edited that one himself haaaa

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Forgot about this thread.

Max will start cracking down on password sharing this year . .
. . . I've never shared ours, or anyone else's password, so I've never understood how that even works! Don't the streaming services detect the different (location) IP addresses? :unsure:

I'd like to see this Greyhound movie, and it looks like it's approx $7 cheaper to do the "7 Days Free Trial" on Apple TV+, then it is to buy the Blu-ray disc. Though I kinda prefer to purchase the physical discs— if the price isn't too much more, and especially if, like with Amazon, you only get 48 hrs or 30 days to watch it. :rolleyes:
Has anyone here seen this Greyhound movie?

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
'Greyhound' is a pretty good movie, if you don't mind the ever-increasing use of CGI of late, especially in WWII dramas, like this one and 'Midway'. Yet Greyhound is very interesting and suspenseful, with minimal gory scenes, save for a very brief minimal one.

However, while viewing it via the "7 Days Free Trial" on Apple TV+ .... there were large areas of blurred pixilation interference/noise (sometimes across the entire bottom 6 inches of screen), similar to what you see with satellite tv dish service —when a large thunderstorm is approaching downstream.
And of which we have never seen with any of our other (Prime, Peacock, Paramount+, MGM+, Showtime) streaming platforms. So we'll probably be cancelling the Apple TV+ on day # 6.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...if I go around yelling, "I'm fed up! And I'm not gonna take it anymore!" . . . . . . . . . no one's gonna care, like that ol' Randy Travis song 'Nobody Knows (Nobody Cares)' ! :rolleyes:

This may be a better song option for that quote.

That said, I do think some of the complaints are misplaced. For example, the traditional Olympics coverage is still ran on broadcast TV. What's on streaming services are extra coverage that use to not be available, or maybe only available with a premium cable subscription. It's not like the Olympics suddenly became unavailable unless you subscribed.

We recently found a deal through Instacart that includes Peacock. When we looked into it, the Instacart savings more than cover the subscription fee and basically getting Peacock free. I know that won't work for everyone, but can't hurt to look for those kids of deals.

Reactions: winmod21

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

That said, I do think some of the complaints are misplaced. For example, the traditional Olympics coverage is still ran on broadcast TV. What's on streaming services are extra coverage that use to not be available, or maybe only available with a premium cable subscription. It's not like the Olympics suddenly became unavailable unless you subscribed.

We recently found a deal through Instacart that includes Peacock. When we looked into it, the Instacart savings more than cover the subscription fee and basically getting Peacock free. I know that won't work for everyone, but can't hurt to look for those kids of deals.
I thought about this song

• Haha
Reactions: winmod21

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I thought about this song

:rolleyes: . . :rolleyes: . . ;) . . :)

Yes, I agree that my complaints regarding the Olympics were indeed misplaced. I guess I must've been in a rather predisposed mood to rant about streaming services in general, just after seeing that amazon's Prime Video was now charging an additional $3 for ad-free content, on top of the current $139/year for Prime. 😒
So I admit that it was ill-considered of me to lump the Oly's into my Gatling gun complaintive-ness about platforms moving more and more of what has been their typical broadcast and/or sports content (incl Le Tour de France) — to their pay-for platforms. As I hadn't considered that much of the Oly streaming coverage —was additional extra coverage that may not typically be shown on broadcast tv.

Nevertheless I have been noticing in recent years that all of the network-owned streaming platforms have been moving more and more of their typical broadcast content to their respective streaming platforms, (e.g. ABC's Dancing with the Stars thanking and showing their appreciation to their 20 year+ fans for their viewing loyalty —by moving DWTS exclusively to Disney+ for a season, a couple seasons back; and the Viacom's Paramount channel putting their Yellowstone spawned drama's, 1883 & 1923 exclusively on Para+; &c &c). I suppose it will continue. 😐 It's these times we're living in.

And I would give (y) to Apple TV+"s Greyhound movie (see above).

Last edited:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
So, Apple TV+ (of which we've had for approx a month), is showing side-to-side, coast-to-coast, like butter & toast, pixilation break-up on the lower half of one of our tv's screens—every 30 seconds or so —like you get with satellite tv service when a very large Cumulonimbus thunderstorm is approaching way-off in the downstream distance— but not on the other 3 tv's in our home. Planning on uninstalling and re-installing on the tv w/issue. Has anyone found other remedies for streaming pixilation issues?

Edit #1: Apple TV+ says it's a Sony tv/apple tv+ streaming issue— that was resolved with the latest several Sony tv updates. But what ever you do....don't request a partial credit/or refund of any kind from Apple TV+, because if you do.... THEY WILL THREATEN.... TO DISRUPT YOUR SERVICE, AND THEN DENY YOUR ABILITY TO RE-SUBSCRIBE, AND/OR LET YOU RE-SUBSCRIBE (AFTER THEIR MALICIOUS UNWANTED INTERUPTION PENALTY), BUT AT A HIGHER, PENALIZED RATE !:~{{
The worst customer service I've ever experienced! :rolleyes:
So we will be dumping Apple TV+ ASAP ! 😡

Edit #2: Updated our Sony tvs' software. And now the 'Picture Off' button no longer works, on the Sony remote! Which we have always used, all the time! :rolleyes: Whenever we want to walk away from the tv, so the tvs' paused screen doesn't just sit there, waiting for the screensaver to come on. That's exactly why we haven't been updating our Sony tv's! Because Sony always robs & steals existing features —from its customer's tv's— with every Sony update ! :mad:
And Sony updates can't be undone.
If it's not one thing . . it's one thing after the other! 😕

Last edited: