AT&T messing up with storage?

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people are under the impression the 16GB or 32GB of internal storage can be used for apps. That is incorrect as you only get like 2GB for apps and 10GB for pics, videos, and music. while the rest is for the OS. There should be no complaining as you can go out and buy a 64GB Micro SD card.

Now with the HTC One X I can totally understand.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think a lot of people are under the impression the 16GB or 32GB of internal storage can be used for apps. That is incorrect as you only get like 2GB for apps and 10GB for pics, videos, and music. while the rest is for the OS. There should be no complaining as you can go out and buy a 64GB Micro SD card.

Now with the HTC One X I can totally understand.

I thought the AC review said that the internal storage was just 1 partition?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
so seems like im the only one thats actually upset about the lack of free cloud storage.

:-!

Omg their not giving you something for free! :/

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought the AC review said that the internal storage was just 1 partition?

Yep. From the AC review: "On our 16GB model, there?s 11.35GB left over for your own stuff, and like the Galaxy Nexus there?s no separate partition for app storage, so it?s all lumped in together."

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the 25 gb for the One X and it's not like it's just given to you. You got to do 4 or 5 tasks with Dropbox to get it. Then accessing it is not exactly a guarantee. No way I would prefer it to built in or SD storage.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Phones have NEVER came with free cloud storage before, now we're complaining about not getting it. Instead of complaining about it why don't you try this: almost all cloud services offer free storage. Get a dropbox account (I think it's 2gb free and the offer you 500mb per referral), box is also free (they give me 50gb for free but i'm not sure how much you get at sign up). After streaming a few videos and music, see how much clouds effect your data usage. You'll be begging for a 64gb memory card. Lol

Reactions: kev2126 and Ry

robh2

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Dont care about the storage but on top of paying for the phone I have to pay for a card, so that makes the phone on AT&T more expensive than that others.

Robert

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Dont care about the storage but on top of paying for the phone I have to pay for a card, so that makes the phone on AT&T more expensive than that others.

Robert

But no one is forced to buy a card.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Robert

Please explain? You don't have to purchase the memory card. The other carriers are charging 50 dollars for another 16gb of storage. For the same price you can just about purchase a 64gb card. I just don't see the big deal. Sorry

Reactions: kev2126

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Please explain? You don't have to purchase the memory card. The other carriers are charging 50 dollars for another 16gb of storage. For the same price you can just about purchase a 64gb card. I just don't see the big deal. Sorry

Shouldn't they have given their customers the option to pay the extra $50? Like they are saving us money or something?

Can we express some disappointment in the lack of choice? The "be happy with what we give you" attitude is one of the things I despise about APPLE.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea why att went with 16gb only. Maybe the 32gb will come later. Not a deal breaker for me. As long as I have sd card slot and removable battery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea why att went with 16gb only. Maybe the 32gb will come later. Not a deal breaker for me. As long as I have sd card slot and removable battery

I am still getting it myself. You are probably right, not a big deal. Just wish they listened. 16gb plus the 64gb is more than I will fill up. At least in the year until the SGSIV comes out. :eek:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Probably so they could focus on ordering and selling a single model in blue or white instead of multiple models. Helps keep their costs down. I am glad it has the expansion slot as my biggest complaint with the One X was its limited storage.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
As cheap as 16 and 32GB cards are, you will get more storage capacity for less than the $250 being charged by the other carriers. I have one in my 9810 to put in GS3 making a total of 48GB for $218. AT&T actually is doing a favor in a small way.