LED not consistent

myoo2182

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with their LED light sometimes blinking and sometimes just staying on until you check your missed event? I'd like for it to blink (like BB does). Usually it stays on until I check the event but once in a while it will blink like I want it to.

Also today when I hit the lock button an LED lit up an orange color. I have 90% battery when this happens and no notifications. Any ideas? It kept doing it so I rebooted and now its ok, but a little concerning..

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This seems to be the number one bug with the phone from them who have it on the forums. I hear a reset fixes most of them.

myoo2182

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
ah ok. I guess the LED is supposed to be on constant and not blinking unless the app specifically has a blinking setting. I noticed Handcent has an option for blinking LED but when I get a txt and an email, it will stay on since gmail doesnt have the option to customize the LED notification.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Also, I was under the impression that if it was an email, the light was solid. But, if it was a text\sms, then it flashes..

Hmm, let me test.

myoo2182

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That is strange, I just received an email saying there was a reply to this thread and I got the flashing blue LED... I know i've received email before and got only a solid light... For me I guess the issue happens more when there are multiple notifications, ie. txt message and email. I just want it to be consistent!

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems I have no friends, still no text messages ;)

Anyway, I don't particularly care about the colour, or the amount of flashes, etc. Just having the option of an LED notification is good for me. I don't want to have to remember blue is for email, red for text, or green for..., well, you get my point.

This is another reason I only use TWO ringtones. One for all calls, and one for the missus ;)

myoo2182

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the flashing or steady LED either as long as its one or the other... I think my txt msg issue might have to do with the fact im using handcent instead of the standard messaging app that comes with the phone.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I use Handcent for all MMS/SMS and it allows customized colors and flashing patterns for all messages. I assigned individual colors for my wife and kids, all others are green.

Works perfectly on the GS III and it's free.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Seems I have no friends, still no text messages ;)

Anyway, I don't particularly care about the colour, or the amount of flashes, etc. Just having the option of an LED notification is good for me. I don't want to have to remember blue is for email, red for text, or green for..., well, you get my point.

This is another reason I only use TWO ringtones. One for all calls, and one for the missus ;)

You should be able to text yourself at least!

myoo2182

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
It looks like the orange light is from the yahoo mail app. I found someone on another forum with the same problem although they have the int'l version and it was a pink light as described by them.

jjb70

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So it looks like the only consistent thing is that no one knows how the LED works!
A description in the manual would have been nice. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that email gives a flashing blue.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So it looks like the only consistent thing is that no one knows how the LED works!
A description in the manual would have been nice. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that email gives a flashing blue.

I have a galaxy s2 on sprint and it has a notification light. How it seems to work is this....

Blue - it can blink or stay steady but usually is an email

Red - it blinks for notifications from applications but can stay solid red for others...depends on he app. Just like for me text messages stay solid red till I read them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

myet01

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I have a Sprint S3 and here is how mine works.

1 - Blinking Blue light for Gmail and native Calendar Appointments.
2 - Solid Blue when charging
3 - Green when fully charged
4 - However, I use NItrodesk's Touchdown for Work Email and when I get an appointment alarm or email from it, the LED stays on as a Steady Orange?

Tony

jhwang711

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Orange/swirl Green type color on for no reason. I don't know where it is from, but it's annoying. I do have the Yahoo Mail app which I will remove to see. But any other suggestions for where it is coming from or if it is supposed to be that weird swirl color?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have blue when missing an email or SMS. Red while charging. Green fully charged. Was looking at Light Flow but I hear it still has bugs when installed on the GS3.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't really care what colour is for what notification. I just wish I could have, say green for all my notifications, like my BlackBerry days.

I'm too old to have to remember what colour is for what :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87