Serious problems with the web browser

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the browser not responding to link selections? So many links I tap and it goes nowhere. It often will even flash to show I selected the link but then it just sits there. Sometimes I have to literally press a link 5 or 6 times to get it to go. This is really bothersome and has me a bit worried as so far I've preferred built in browsers to other downloadable ones.

Rev.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the browser not responding to link selections? So many links I tap and it goes nowhere. It often will even flash to show I selected the link but then it just sits there. Sometimes I have to literally press a link 5 or 6 times to get it to go. This is really bothersome and has me a bit worried as so far I've preferred built in browsers to other downloadable ones.

Rev.

Yes, I noticed this about twice, but seems to be recurring on every Android I've ever used.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Not on my Droid 2, that thing is a joy to browse on even with the small screen. It'sso insanely accurate that I usually don't even need to zoom up to select links and such, it'salmst like it reads my mind LOL.

Edit - I had to tap 3 times to submit this post :-/

Rev.

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site

Rev.

Which browser? Stock?

Have you tried other browsers? I have no issues with Maxthon.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Which browser? Stock?

Have you tried other browsers? I have no issues with Maxthon.

Stock browser. I never got along too well with other downloadable browsers for Android. A lot of them take up too much screen space with tabs and crap. I'll have a look at the one you mentioned.

Rev.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Rev.

The browser on the HOX is pretty bad. I had the same problem you are having when I had mine. I would try Chrome browser. Its not perfect but it is quick and very responsive to screen tapping.

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
Firefox for Android apparently just got a huge update today and from what I am reading it is now really good. Gonna give it a try and see.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I noticed this about twice, but seems to be recurring on every Android I've ever used.

Sometimes I'd see this issue. I'm running galaxy s2 (sprint) and Running custom ICS ROM. It might be the normal browser though. I hated mine on this so I use dolphin browser.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Actually, since I'd posted this I went with dolphin and LOVE it! I don't have any problems with it registering link taps. It doesn't have a static address bar like Firefox and chrome and I also figured out how to disable the dolphin icon in the lower left. It also has bookmarks on the menu unlike the built in browser that requires me to either tap all the way on the top right of the address bar or press and hold the back button for history which I could then hit bookmarks. Dolphin is easier for me to use one handed.

haileyleah

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
The browser issue on Samsung Galaxy S3 may occur if you have already opened lots of tabs and want to open a new tab, because the phone could not accommodate a new tab. So close one and see if the problem still persists. If still the problem is there, then follow the below steps:

1. From the Home screen of your phone tap Menu key.

2. Touch Settings and then More tab.

3. Touch Application Manager.

4. Swipe the screen at the left twice and then choose All tab.

5. Scroll to and tap on the browser that you are currently using.

6. Touch the Force Close button.

7. Then touch Clear Cache button and next touch Clear Data button. 192.168.1.1

8. If the browser issue on Samsung Galaxy S3 does not solve after following the above steps, then uninstall the browser. Now download and install a fresh copy from the Google Play Store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21