Galaxy Nexus or Galaxy S III

scottsglock17

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I own both. The s3 has better specs but i feel the Samsung skin ruined the ease and convenience google tried to do with the ice cream sandwich update. If you want better specs get the s3 but the nexus has the better software in my opinion.

I have thought about going that route as well. Kind of test drive both and see which one I like better. I have an upgrade available and a line with a "dumb" phone on it that I could use for the Nexus. Thank you for the advice.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Both of them are beautiful devices...... Cameras( front and back) are waaaaaay better in the GS3.. But with the nexus you get that stock ICS experience.... No carrrier apps... Just like the iphone. Also On android updates the first devices to b updated is the Nexus..... Now the GS3 has more features like Smart Stay, etc. I would strongly recommend go to YouTube and watch some reviews and comparison videos.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Actually the Nexus does have some carrier apps. Just not as many as most Android phones that are bloated with them. In either case I would root and use Cyanogen ROM.

Reactions: scottsglock17

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've got both and both have their advantages. Ultimately I like the size and build of the nexus over the gs3. I use my phones naked and the textured back of the nexus is really preferable. Plus the desktop dock w the pogo pins is another huge advantage for the nexus.

Really the two things I like about the gs3 is the camera and the screen size. With a 9 day old baby I tend to take a lot of pics and everyone knows the nexus camera just isn't all that good. The screen is a double edged sword. Yes the gs3 is better and the lack of on screen buttons makes the usable area even bigger but I just cannot stand the home button and capacitive buttons so I'm not sure if the screen size advantage is worth it.

Decisions decisions. Lol.

Reactions: scottsglock17