Funny Icon on Accuweather Widget

jfrost0826

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, I haven't seen anything but a 1 inside the sun icon, but it behaves like a "DST in effect" indicator. Right now, DST is in effect in Rio de Janiero, and there is a sun icon, but during the winter, it wasn't there. Phoenix, Honolulu, and Tokyo don't observe DST, and have no icon. London does.

I have no clue where the 3 comes from. Maybe something to do with an upcoming transition?

jfrost0826

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I said that backwards. Rio basically observes DST when the US doesn't, give or take a couple of weeks at the switchover. Rio does NOT have an icon now, but should have one in our winter time.

socks148

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Well, I haven't seen anything but a 1 inside the sun icon, but it behaves like a "DST in effect" indicator. Right now, DST is in effect in Rio de Janiero, and there is a sun icon, but during the winter, it wasn't there. Phoenix, Honolulu, and Tokyo don't observe DST, and have no icon. London does.

I have no clue where the 3 comes from. Maybe something to do with an upcoming transition?

I have San Antonio saved as one of my cities since I seen the post. I have not seen any other number except a '1'.

8310_Owner

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else noticed, but after the recent Tmobile OTA update, the little sun with a 1 in it no longer shows. Instead it shows an off-white sun which resembles a little clock with hr/minute hand in the middle?

cputoys

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My guess is they're trying to make the icon slightly less cryptic as it probably does denote daylight savings or a "change in the time".... hence the clock icon. Who knows. I thought RIM (blackberry) was bad for just doing stuff with no explanation! haha... :D

carlo_p

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying I'll have to put up with this sun icon for 6 months of a year? Hell no. That's enough to go rate the widget and delete it...

stylez619

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It is the UV index of that location
1. Low
2. Medium
3. High
It can change during the day

If that's really what it is, it's terribly inaccurate. Mine has been on 1 since the day I got the phone. That includes some scattered rainy days and a week worth of 100+ San Diego sun last week. It's never changed. The national weather service index today was an 8 in my area, but the notification still shows 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana