Use Upgrade on GSIII?

BullFrog76

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the gs3 from Verizon. I upgraded from the DROID razr. The gs3 rocks! Only downside is apps can't be moved to the sd card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gregski

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I saw a guy talking on the Note yesterday and it looked like he was holding a book to his head. Just has no practical appeal to me.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

gregski

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd recommend you get a GNex from Google Play Store and save your upgrade for next year.

Then I'm stuck with non-expandable storage, like the HOX. But, of course, I have yet to get a definitive answer on whether apps can be stored on the card on the GSIII. Between apps, vids, pics and music, that 16G might fill up fast.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Then I'm stuck with non-expandable storage, like the HOX...

Unlike the HOX (or SGS3) you end up with a device that gets updates first and quick.

... I have yet to get a definitive answer on whether apps can be stored on the card on the GSIII. Between apps, vids, pics and music, that 16G might fill up fast.

I believe the extra storage above 16GB can only be used for music / video / files - not App Data for Games / Apps.

gregski

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I believe the extra storage above 16GB can only be used for music / video / files - not App Data for Games / Apps.

You would think with this being the AT&T GSIII forum, we could get a definitive answer to this, All I have heard so far is "I think" or "I believe". If that is the case, I might have to take a long, hard look at the GNex. Price is right. Specs are good. I really don't care about Sense or TouchWiz. I'm happy with a 3rd party launcher.

Dumb1

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
In the end it's gonna be your choice. I used my upgrade to get the S3, I have no regrets so far coming from iphone. I love it just ordered a 64gig sd card and spare battery which were the two main reasons I choose the S3 over the One X or Nexus.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
You would think with this being the AT&T GSIII forum, we could get a definitive answer to this, All I have heard so far is "I think" or "I believe". If that is the case, I might have to take a long, hard look at the GNex. Price is right. Specs are good. I really don't care about Sense or TouchWiz. I'm happy with a 3rd party launcher.

"I think" and "I believe" are probably all you're going to get. Why? Because you can't prove a negative.

If you go into various apps settings, there is no "Move to SD" button any more. I checked some games and other apps that I installed. The button is not there. People are likely to say they think the feature is gone because there might be another way to do it that no one has figured out yet. It might be possible, but no one knows for sure. Hence, "I think" and "I believe." They don't want to give you wrong information, so they're giving your their personal experience with it.

Perhaps you should call AT&T tech support (or whatever carrier you're most interested in) and ask them how to do it. They can probably give you a more "definitive answer" than a bunch of people in a forum who have only had the phone for a few weeks.

Here's the AT&T number: 1-800-331-0500

Here's the manual for the AT&T version of the phone: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...4/ATT_SGH-i747_English_User_Manual_LG2_F7.pdf

And here's the manual for the International version: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c..._UM_EU_Icecream_Eng_Rev.1.0_120515_Screen.pdf

And on a side note, you said:
Between apps, vids, pics and music, that 16G might fill up fast.

Why not use an external SD card for vids, pics, and music, and leave the internal 16 GB for apps? That's a lot of apps.

gregski

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If you go into various apps settings, there is no "Move to SD" button any more. I checked some games and other apps that I installed. The button is not there.

Now that's a more definitive answer.

Perhaps you should call AT&T tech support

Good one! Oh, you're being serious.

Why not use an external SD card for vids, pics, and music, and leave the internal 16 GB for apps? That's a lot of apps.

I was referring to a phone with 16GB only, such as the HOX and GNex.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87