Android vs Apple

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I know this might be a controversial subject but wondering if anyone has gone from one to the other. I have a 4 year old Samsung S10 and had 3 HTC phones before that. I know that at concerts the Iphone gets much, much, much better videos than Samsung phone. Almost all of my friends are on Iphones
I think they all do the basics - email, apps, . I think my original decision was based on the HTC phone many years ago. I am with T-Mobile.
Thank you.

HnLA

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have never been able to get good video of concert with my S10. I loved the HTCs but also, never got good video at concerts. Optical Zoom does not make it clearer.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have never been able to get good video of concert with my S10. I loved the HTCs but also, never got good video at concerts. Optical Zoom does not make it clearer.
The S10 is almost 5 years old... I thought you wanted input on modern iPhones vs modern Android phones... but if you've already made the decision to buy an iphone, go and buy one.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I think Samsung has caught up on the video but I still like the iPhone for video overall.. all the phones are getting pretty good at everything.. and of course it's all subjective as well..
Yep, now I really think it comes down to the small things like how much you like to customize, price, and how much you trust the company. Software support is even getting pretty close, close enough that both are supported longer than most people keep a phone 😉

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I honestly think Samsung video is just fine. Yes the YouTube reviewers will pixel peep and say the iPhone has better video quality. However, if you were not putting the videos side by side Samsung’s video quality would be just fine. Also Samsung flagships can record in 8K.

Goniff

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I have the S20 Plus. Is there an android phone that does well in low light with the wide angle lens? The one on the S20 Plus is not great for concerts.

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
I have an iPhone and an Android tablet. iOS and Android are cut from the same cloth! So long as you avoid the Apple apps (which are iOS only): You can have mostly the same experience on both operating systems.

However, that's the operating system! You folks have been talking about the hardware, about the phones themselves, which is another matter.

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
Have you looked at the Google Pixel 8 Pro?
If you're talking to me: Not really. However, I've only had three smartphones in my life, all of which are still operational and ready to be used. I probably won't be getting a new smartphone (Android or iOS) anytime soon.

However, if I do eventually get an Android phone to replace my iPhone 12: I may get a Pixel. I like up-to-date software and operating systems, and it's my understanding that Pixels get Android updates for a long time due to custom ROMs.

Reactions: Jlharper016

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d