new android user, saying hello...

berryboi

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
I am new to Android altogether as I recently switched from the Blackberry Bold 9000. I have been a long time blackberry user so the change has been significant. I have gotten up to speed rather quickly by lurking the forums here for the past month. Two things that have been tough so far is converting contacts/calendars from my blackberry now that google sync is not supported and the Galaxy S3 battery life. I thought my Blackberry was bad down the stretch but this SGS3 has been terrible so far. I have to recharge it twice a day and I am a mild user in my opinion. Most of my time is spent online or on whatsapp, but it sits on my desk at work most of the day.

If anyone has found a solution to transfer calendars from Bb to Android without using google sync or typing entries one by one please let me know. I have to get my wife's calendar over to the SGS3 before she swears the phone off completely. She is not enjoying the transition to full touch screen from her Bold 9700 in the least so far.

Thanks

D

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I transitioned from RIM. Kies from the Samsung website to transfer from Outlook the contacts and calendar.

Welcome to Android.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There are a ton of power saving techniques. Select your Power Saving mode. Change your refresh rates. It could also be that you have a battery or an issue with the device.I hold down the homescreen button and shutdown tasks.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Former BB Torch 9810 user here. I am packing it up at this moment to send to Samung to get a $110 "recycling" payment.

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome!! I used to love BB, but they got left behind somewhere in 2005. I love the G3. it is an absolutely awesome phone. It will be interesting to see if the new iPhone can come close to it.

Welcome!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty