Useless contacts in messaging app?

ShadowTheta

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Apparently when I logged into Gmail on my new Samsung Galaxy SIII, it imported all of my Gmail contacts (ie every person I've ever sent an email to or received an email from), but not into the normal "contacts" app where they can be edited, ONLY to the contacts listed when I send a message. This is really frustrating because I like to send pictures to multiple people, so I tend to scroll through my contacts and pick who I want it to be sent to - now I have hundreds of useless contacts to scroll through! I thought maybe if I deleted the useless contacts from my Gmail account, it would also delete them from the messaging app - however, that didn't help. Any advice?

evq.003

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you have done this already or even if it will help but you could try this.

Disable syncing of your Google account on your phone, then log in to Gmail from a computer. Once logged in, click on the drop down arrow next to Gmail (upper left hand corner) and select Contacts, then click on My Contacts (if not there already). From there you should be seeing all the same contacts you are seeing in Android. Run through your My Contacts list and put a check mark in all the check boxes of the contacts you DON'T want to be visible from Android's contacts. Then click on the drop down arrow of the Group icon (it looks like a three headed person) and uncheck My Contacts. Now re-sync your Google account on your phone.

I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty