Shows inaccurate location on my location to weather apps.

Kidrockerz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have my phone for almost a month now but I have'nt determine why my phone did'nt show the correct location on my weather app(s) in widget and my locked screen. It always show a location somewhat miles away from where I lived. I tried all the possible procedures but to no avail. I am not really sure if my phone is defective or it needs factory reset, which I don't want to do. Guys, please help. Thanks in advance.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Which apps have you tried?

Is it showing the location of the nearest weather station?

Is the location accurate when you use Google Maps?
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Kidrockerz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried using the accuweather, 9S-weather and mycast apps. It shows a location near our village like miles away.

I think it's accurate if I used the google maps.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried the Weather Underground app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wunderground.android.weather

It might be more accurate, since it uses data from personal weather stations, not just National Weather Service weather stations.

I have no idea where you live, but what I'm thinking is that you don't live near a major city, so the apps you tried might be giving you data from the closest big city that has a weather station, since you said that Google Maps shows your location properly and it's just the weather apps that don't.

I doubt if there is anything wrong with your device if Google Maps shows an accurate location. It sounds like it is an issue of the apps getting their data from a weather station miles away from where you live.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Another factor might be cell tower location. When I get into the ragged edges of ATT coverage it will report weather location as the nearest town they officially cover.