Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I would like to have Photoshare feature on my phone for my vacation during Christmas break, starting December 15th. I was patiently waiting for JB update and AT&T sure is taking their time. It now looks like they are leap frogging to 4.2, which may mean the update will not available until January or later. So, here are my choces, I think (?).

[1] Root the phone and get a custom ROM that includes Photosphere feature (does this feature come standard with all 4.2 ROMs?)
[2] Use Panarama app, but I am told there are some issues with that App, may be, may be not, I am not sure.
[3] Wait and hope ATT will release the update before I leave.
[4] Forget Photoshere, it is overrated.

I seek your guidance and thanks to all in advance.

-- PD

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
let me add another to your list, and if you like stock and they way you have things set up, this will not mess with anything at all

Root, add a custom recovery and then flash the zip file in this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/report.php?p=2372637

That will add the photosphere camera, as a separate camera and will not mess with your ROM, setup, etc.

This way if you want to take the OTA later, all you have to do is unroot and take it. Like I said you are going to have two camera apps. One will be stock and the other will be the 4.2 camera.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I did this, after rooting with Odin, my phone is going haywire -- android.process.acore has stopped, touchwiz.home has stopped and few other processes stopped -- I am cycling through these messages. Rebooted a couple times, still cyclcing. I am going to try to download some custom ROM using Clockwork in the short window I get between the error messages and see where that takes me.

-- PD

let me add another to your list, and if you like stock and they way you have things set up, this will not mess with anything at all

Root, add a custom recovery and then flash the zip file in this post: http://forums.androidcentral.com/report.php?p=2372637

That will add the photosphere camera, as a separate camera and will not mess with your ROM, setup, etc.

This way if you want to take the OTA later, all you have to do is unroot and take it. Like I said you are going to have two camera apps. One will be stock and the other will be the 4.2 camera.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Now I have done it... I managed to download CM10 using CWM and attempted to flash it. I got CM going in circles for 15 minutes. I shut it down and tried to boot to recovery and won't go. Just a battery icon on the screen for a few seconds and back to black. Is there any unbrick tool for ATT GS3 I can use to get back to some sort of stock?

I should have left well enough alone, what is so great about Photoshere anyway :(

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have no desire to root so I'm waiting for the latest software to arrive. My phone is doing fine so I'm not in a rush.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
ICS is just fine for me and with LTE my phone is blazing fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Viraj Puri

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Either 2 or 4. I have put a custom rom on my phone and i could not do ANYTHING and this was 4.1. Everything lagged and crashed and it was too much hassle and annoyance. Also I would DEFINETLY not wait on AT&T as they cannot skip 4.1 and not even the international version has 4.2 so waiting would be useless. I can guarantee it wont be available. Either use a good panorama app, or just forget it as you probably wont just take 360 panoramas as they take MUCH TOO long. But if you really want it your best bet is to get an app for it.
Look on youtube for ways to revert a sgs3 back to stock as trying to get 4.2 is too much hassle

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95