"TEXT" message notification..........

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just moved from an iPhone 3S to the Galaxy S3 and so far I'm loving it!
Did a search but can't find an answer to my question:

The "messaging" ICON doesn't indicate when I have a text.....the little envelope on the icon is always up, it never changes position.....
is there some way to make this indicate that I've received a text message?.....or how does it let me know i have a text waiting (other than the sound)?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to learning tons of info from you guys!

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Just moved from an iPhone 3S to the Galaxy S3 and so far I'm loving it!
Did a search but can't find an answer to my question:

The "messaging" ICON doesn't indicate when I have a text.....the little envelope on the icon is always up, it never changes position.....
is there some way to make this indicate that I've received a text message?.....or how does it let me know i have a text waiting (other than the sound)?

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to learning tons of info from you guys!

You should get a "badge" next to the messaging icon. A badge is a number.:)

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, im not getting the "badge" when I get a text, and I get numerous texts everyday..... I do get
the sound notification but not the "badge", and any suggestions?
Thanks!

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok, im not getting the "badge" when I get a text, and I get numerous texts everyday..... I do get
the sound notification but not the "badge", and any suggestions?
Thanks!

You don't get the orange indicator by the person's line?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Go to the app store and search "Tesla Unread", it crests based for ur messages and emails. U might have to use Nova Launcher with it though but it works great

I would also suggest using GoSMS instead of the stock messenger... It's so much better

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 Boyyyyyy!

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Where the actual "text" msg is? No....I even went back to the first few messages, the first being from the AT&T "Mobile Transfer" text message, as well as all messages since then....no indicator at all......I wonder how I get that "badge" working?

No, I even went back to the first text msg I got from AT&T "mobile transfer", and none since.....there's no indication in the Text messages or the badge.....I wonder how I get that
working??

bfdtpkt

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I did download the GoSMS and its now working.......things like that program kinda scare me when it asks if I want to "share".....don't really want to share with anybody....FACEBOOK comes to mind which I don't use much for that reason...

Vol4Ever

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Recent iPhone convert myself (as of this past Monday) and my question is roughly the same. I kept 3 icons on my permanent iPhone dock. Voicemail/missed call, email, and text icons. Red badge with applicable "missed" number for each one appeared and remained in place until I listened to or read the respective messages. For the life of me I can't make the S3 duplicate this behavior. I also get confused a little by the AT&T versions versus the Samsung versions which both fight for my attention.

Any tips on configuring existing or downloading new software to get back to my comfort zone? Loving the phone, by the way. Learning curve hasn't been bad at all, but I did have a little Android experience from my B&N Nook Tablet (which is rooted). That helped. Thanks!

~Vol

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Recent iPhone convert myself (as of this past Monday) and my question is roughly the same. I kept 3 icons on my permanent iPhone dock. Voicemail/missed call, email, and text icons. Red badge with applicable "missed" number for each one appeared and remained in place until I listened to or read the respective messages. For the life of me I can't make the S3 duplicate this behavior. I also get confused a little by the AT&T versions versus the Samsung versions which both fight for my attention.

Any tips on configuring existing or downloading new software to get back to my comfort zone? Loving the phone, by the way. Learning curve hasn't been bad at all, but I did have a little Android experience from my B&N Nook Tablet (which is rooted). That helped. Thanks!

~Vol

First off, disable any ATT messaging apps. You might need to delete any updates applied before you can do that, but start there.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Try the Handcent app. I haven't really used the Samsung app, as I've been using Handcent since I got my first Android phone a few years ago. It's very good, fully featured, and will show you the unread message count on the widget.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana