Next Launcher

aco905

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody tried the next launcher by GO? They are Awfully proud of it to be charging over 15 dollars. I use Nova launcher now and like it. The brand new next launcher sure does look impressive

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

blackjaguar25

Thunderbolter
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Please don't buy it. It brings me back to the Windows mobile days with spb mobile shell. It's not too much besides a 3D launcher.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

klwit307

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've tried it out.... It definitely has potential, but is lacking in some very basic features such as multiple docks, the ability to move folders from the app drawer to a home screen (seems you have to recreate the folder on the home screen instead of just moving a copy from the app drawer), and the ability to scroll vertically in the app drawer (although there is a setting for the transition...left me puzzled). Also, it appears that if you delete the app drawer icon from the dock, you can't replace it! What the heck!?!

I'm still exploring it, and am sure that features will be added very quickly, but for now it's not much better than SPB.

$.02

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Developers charging those high costs for an application is a ' iffy move ' in my opinion. With so many other options in FREE form or for a fraction of the cost its hard to sell at least to me what you could possibly be bringing to the table that would get me to spend $15.

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I got away from GO all together. GO requires so many add ons and it uses alot of RAM. I checked it for a 2 week period and everytime i checked it always had 2 GO SMS running (why, i dont know). The Launcher uses about 40mb ram while others use half that and run smoother. GO is a fun fully customizable launcher but i'm not willing to give up half of my phones resources to run it. I tested on 3 devices..........Droid Razr......LG Lucid (very comparable to high end droids)......and the Droid 3. Razr and Lucid can handle GO very easily but again, with all the needed add ons to fully enjoy GO I'm not willing to sacrifice RAM. Even on high end Droids GO Launcher has lagged. They beefed it to much.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It looks neat, but without a free trial version I'm not about to drop $15 on it. Especially given some of the feedback on the play store. The have a free version of their regular launcher, but not this one. Makes me think they know no one would buy it if they could try it first.