GS3 screen randomly freezes

Hamza Baloch

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I looked around and I can't see anybody who has answered this question. The screen will randomly freeze. The bottom buttons don't work and the screen doesn't work but the home button still does. To fix it I have to lock the screen and unlock it. This takes just a few seconds but gets annoying sometimes. Does anybody have a permanent fix to this problem.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

If this happens frequently enough you can try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't then you can be pretty sure that a 3rd party application is causing your problem (Safe mode doesn't allow any 3rd party apps/services to run).

Are you using a 3rd party launcher or custom lock screen widgets?

Have you tried booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Elcycle17

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I looked around and I can't see anybody who has answered this question. The screen will randomly freeze. The bottom buttons don't work and the screen doesn't work but the home button still does. To fix it I have to lock the screen and unlock it. This takes just a few seconds but gets annoying sometimes. Does anybody have a permanent fix to this problem.
Same things happening to me. Have you found a soulution?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Having similar problem. Screen will just not respond. Have tried the safe mode thing and that was not it.

Any other ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Screen will just not respond. Have tried the safe mode thing and that was not it.
Have you tried wiping the system cache in Recovery mode?
Have you tried a Factory Reset?
Lastly, you could reload the firmware from scratch.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez