Email Meetings via Outlook on HTC One via AT&T

schrambo

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Similar to my prior post, I've been an iPhone and Windows phone user for years and just switched over to Android with the HTC One device and have run into an issue I never encountered with the other two platforms. I use Outlook for my email, and receive both business and personal meeting requests via email from other users of Outlook as well as other email platforms. Unfortunately, when I receive a meeting planner from someone via the Outlook email account I set up on my HTC One it is displayed as simply an email message vs. a meeting planner - meaning I cannot accept the meeting, decline the meeting, or propose another meeting date and/or time - and have same updated to my calendar. I've searched online for solutions to this issue, to no avail. I have also spent considerable time with both the AT&T and HTC sales folks and they are unable to replicate the issue since they're all using Gmail or other web-based email platforms. Anyone else using old-school Outlook encountering this issue?

sclRanger

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are not, try using the Gmail app and not the htc stock mail app. It is already installed on your phone. You can remove the stock app from your home screen and replace it with the Gmail app.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are not, try using the Gmail app and not the htc stock mail app. It is already installed on your phone. You can remove the stock app from your home screen and replace it with the Gmail app.

It is not an option to use Gmail for an Outlook account......

@op I'd email Microsoft support and ask them why this is. I believe you should be able to do this.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app