Default Browser

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
How do I set Chrome as the default browser?

You can go to your settings>apps and clear app preferences. The next time you want to open a link, a pop up should come up asking what browser you want to use. You can then set chrome as the browser of choice.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
You can go to your settings>apps and clear app preferences. The next time you want to open a link, a pop up should come up asking what browser you want to use. You can then set chrome as the browser of choice.

Thanks, but that's kind of a nuclear option. It would wipe out months of work in setting up all my other apps. I can't believe there is not another way...

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but that's kind of a nuclear option. It would wipe out months of work in setting up all my other apps. I can't believe there is not another way...

What they meant was go to settings click apps, go to the browser that is default now, click on it, scroll down and clear defaults for that app only. Then next time you open a news story or what not it will ask which browser to use, click chrome and click always.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site

You only do it to the stock browser I believe.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.