CWM Recovery for Phoenix/Thrive

bownz

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Use my touch version, very last post in the touch cwm thread. That has buttons at bottom, but you can still use the physical keys. It can flash anything.

Or use the one I attached to this post. Just made it. Should not have the same error as you stated, Rashed1997.

Last edited:

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Use my touch version, very last post in the touch cwm thread. That has buttons at bottom, but you can still use the physical keys. It can flash anything.

Or use the one I attached to this post. Just made it. Should not have the same error as you stated, Rashed1997.

Hm, OK thanks!
Just wondering how do you make these?

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope same issue
Can only flash stuff for the P505

Sent from my LG-P506 using Android Central Forums

Thats not so much an issue with CWM as an issue with the ROMs. CWM is setup to only allow you to install ROM made for whatever phone you are using. The problem comes in when we try to run ROM designed for other phones (p500), CWM overrides our wishes and throws an error.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that this is not a recovery issue. I've stumbled across a couple other rooms that I couldn't install - Status 7 error. I unpacked the rom. Edited the updater script to include my identified phone model. Then repackaged the rom. Everything works well. :D

Sent from my LG-P506

Rashed1997

Android Developer
Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It's an issue with the CWM not allowing you to install anything not for the P505. The standard Optimus One recovery from Rom Manager will let you install P500, P505, and P506 ROMS and possibly many more. That is the feature I'm talking about.

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
It's an issue with the CWM not allowing you to install anything not for the P505. The standard Optimus One recovery from Rom Manager will let you install P500, P505, and P506 ROMS and possibly many more. That is the feature I'm talking about.

Gotcha ;):cool:

EDIT::
Now that I think about it you're right. I never had these issues with cwm 3.1.0.0. I updated to 5.0.2.7 then 5.0.2.7 Touch and started having rom installation issues.

Which then means that modifying the updater-script is simply a work around.

Sent from my LG-P506

s_box

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I need some help here. I got this p506_CWM.zip and i dont know how to install it. Does anyone have detailed instructions for it?

Sent from my LG-P506

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I need some help here. I got this p506_CWM.zip and i dont know how to install it. Does anyone have detailed instructions for it?

Sent from my LG-P506

There are two ways to install it.

1) Copy to device's SDCard then reboot device into CWM recovery and use 'Install from zip' option
OR
2) Unzip the zip file and reboot your device to bootloader/fastboot mode and then use fastboot to flash the 'recovery.img' that is in the folder where you unzipped the zip file.

s_box

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I tried #2 and i used a app called quick boot and selected boot loader and all it did was restart itself. Did i do it all wrong?

Sent from my LG-P506

renauldo86

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried #2 and i used a app called quick boot and selected boot loader and all it did was restart itself. Did i do it all wrong?

Sent from my LG-P506

If I'm remembering and saying this correctly, when u unzip u have to put the recovery image on to the root of your SD card(at least when I did it on the HTC phones that's how it was done) and the phone will detect or should detect the file nd ask if you want to flash... and u just go from there.

Personally I think flashing via recovery is easiest, if u can.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Android Central Forums

bill.weckel

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my LG-P506

Do you have a ClockworkMod Recovery installed already? If so, I'm assuming you have the zip with the new recovery on your sdcard, power off your phone. Press the VOL DOWN+HOME+POWER all at the same time. Hold all 3 buttons for at least 5 seconds til the phone finishes booting into recovery mode. Select 'Install from zip" option, Select 'Choose zip' option, Browse and select the recovery zip, Select 'Yes - Install ???' option. Now wait until install complete. Hit BACK button to get back to first screen. Select 'Advanced' option. Select 'Reboot Recovery' option. The phone will then reboot back into recovery again.

If you don't have CWM, then you'll need fastboot.exe which is in the Android SDK.

s_box

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
i tried the first option and it had a logo with the android man then it went to start up and everything was erased (with rom manager) after all that mess i think i finally restored my missing apps im not sure about my contacts though also i dont have any kind of recovery