Audio almost non-existent

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just loaded my music onto my G2X. I tried double twist st first because the salesman promoted their OTA sync. When I play it back through ear buds, the volume is pathetic, as is the audio quality. So I switched to the music player that comes loaded on the phone, and it was no better.

The volume on both, at maximum, was suited to easy listening or talk radio, not Judas Priest. Outside noises intruded on my music, and again, this was at max volume setting.

I downloaded a couple more music players, ones that advertised graphic equalizers, and while the audio quality improved some (not nearly enough), the max volume was still about 1/4 of reasonable volume. No matter what I try, I can't make the audio output louder that ambient noise. This can't be right.

I'm playing music from my iTunes playlists, over earbuds I got from the t-mo store. I know they're not particularly high quality, but I'd be surprised if they're the culprit, at least in re the volume.

Back to the audio quality, I played The Chain, by Fleetwood Mac, and when the bass guitar riff played, I couldn't hear one single note of the bass, not one. That's set on the EQ setting that produces the loudest output; sure, it's better for the bass on other settings, but then I have no volume.

So what's the story here? What am I doing wrong? Surely the audio isn't restricted to about 25% of reasonable, is it?

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Try some different headphones. Try without any headphones... what kind of sound do you get out of the phone's speaker?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty