Have G2X thinking about upgrading but to what?

Fine69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a GX2 now for almost a year.
This is my second phone from Tmobile. First one did not have Gingerbread and one day went from phone to a doorstop. TMobile over the phone and escalated to top techs couldnt revive it. They gave up sent me a phone next day. It came with Gingerbread and total lock up are so rare. But im having freezing problems with it going into K9 and also going into GoSMS and some other programs like Xfinity's app, TuneWiki and so on.
I have also noticed it starts stuttering and getting warm as well.
I have had to literally go stop a bunch of apps to get the phone back. I spoke to T Mobile and because this would be a third phone there offering an update with partial payment. So should I ?

I know some programs installed over an above the factory can cause this but it does it even when a fresh/clean install is doe as well. Battery life is lessening as well.

AND what should I update to or should I wait. Is there something new on the horizon I should wait for?
Ive heard they are up to Ice Cream 4.0 operating systems on some phones and I have seen some in between phone/tablets now popping up. Lately I have even seen a killer bundle of docks and such for the droid and droid razr... Is anything TMobile going to offer like that? Id really like to be able to doc it and seemlessly transfer photos or have it as my alarm clock without some after market funky doesnt fit cradle for it.....

So I'm all ears from the experts here.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Here you go......unlocked gsm gnex from google. Got mine two days ago. Using my g2x as a pooper scooper which is all that it's good for. LG never again.

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I went with a One S over the gnex because of the better/newer specifications and the faster data speeds. I do love the pure android experience on the gnex though.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Android Central Forums

chaz0717

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it really depends on how much, and how long your remaining contract is. Tmob is/will be offering 3 very interesting phones in the near future in the HTC1XS, GS3 and Note. I'd say 6mo or more pay em 50 bucks or so. Less than that, tough it out and dump off this piece of crap. I had a choice between the G2X and the G2 at the time of my upgrade last year. Of course G2 was kinda old at that time and didnt think I should commit to the last gen phone for another 2 years. Not sure I made the right choice. I havent had the terrible time that some have, but enough to teach me never to buy LG product again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non