SD card always asks to be formatted. HELP!!!

RSoetarso

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought Galaxy note 2 originally made from korea. And i decided to buy a memory card for this phone. But whenever my phone startup , the phone always asks me to Format the memory card. I tried to find the solution but havent found it. I didnt move my files from "Phone" to "Card" because im afraid all my datas will be deleted. Is there any solution? Or it always happens when my SD card is blank ? Thanks.;)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently bought Galaxy note 2 originally made from korea. And i decided to buy a memory card for this phone. But whenever my phone startup , the phone always asks me to Format the memory card. I tried to find the solution but havent found it. I didnt move my files from "Phone" to "Card" because im afraid all my datas will be deleted. Is there any solution? Or it always happens when my SD card is blank ? Thanks.;)

Welcome to the forums!
2 questions:
1. Is the device a clone? Sometimes clones don't play with accessories well.
2. What brand of SD card? Some are obviously lower quality, or you just may have a bad card as well.

RSoetarso

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
2 questions:
1. Is the device a clone? Sometimes clones don't play with accessories well.
2. What brand of SD card? Some are obviously lower quality, or you just may have a bad card as well.
Thank you :)
1. Nope. I didnt bought the clones or replicas of Galaxy note 2.
2. Just now i eject my media card to check ( its V-Gen ) and when i re-inserted it . , it asked me to format it again. Well i did it cuz there's still no files on it. Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
2. Just now i eject my media card to check ( its V-Gen ) and when i re-inserted it . , it asked me to format it again. Well i did it cuz there's still no files on it. Thanks

Post if that solves it. It may have been a bad format at the factory.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

popologuy

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

There was a problem with Samsung devices and other manufacturers sd cards. I had similar issue abs the battery was draining within hours because the phone was constantly trying to interact with the media card. Solution? Bought a Samsung branded sd card off the internets and no more problems.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Not the case with me. I have a SanDisk 64GB class 10 card in mine and im not having issues.. For the OP im leaning toward problem with the card.

ade_tobat

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine the same too.. sometimes when the battery is low n u keep on it till the phone shut down by itself then it happen (at least to me) been asking around n same answer.. its the card.. I guess I hve to get the samsung micro sd card.. but its too damn expensive... lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

will_solo

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem too. I have a Patriot 16GB that has failed on me twice. I had to RMA it both times. So far this 3rd one has been good after formatting it with the tool that Patriot provides on their site.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty