Download Unsuccessful

Ryan Ball2

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I know this would have been posted before, but I couldnt find it. Im getting a "download unsuccessful" message on my phone whenever download any type of file. Over 3g or 4g, from browser or market. Doesnt matter. Always unsuccessful. Works over wifi however. Ive cleared caches, cleared data, freed up heaps of room, unmounted and remounted the SD card, removed the battery, nothing works. Dont want to have to do a hard reset.

Also, tends to run sluggish at certain times.Eg, the day the download errors started occuring, the phone skipped badly when scrolling down facebook pages, and REALLY badly when drawing in snapchat.

Help?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I know this would have been posted before, but I couldnt find it. Im getting a "download unsuccessful" message on my phone whenever download any type of file. Over 3g or 4g, from browser or market. Doesnt matter. Always unsuccessful. Works over wifi however. Ive cleared caches, cleared data, freed up heaps of room, unmounted and remounted the SD card, removed the battery, nothing works. Dont want to have to do a hard reset.

Also, tends to run sluggish at certain times.Eg, the day the download errors started occuring, the phone skipped badly when scrolling down facebook pages, and REALLY badly when drawing in snapchat.

Help?

Have you cleared caches in recovery? This might help. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html
It is not like a reset, and won't clear data, just removing cached system files.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just for future reference for anyone else who comes across this thread... I was having this problem after rooting and having had Adblock Plus installed on my LG G Pad. Turns out that because Adblock Plus requires proxy settings within the browser I had to reset the proxy settings for my wifi connection to "none" for me to be able to download again. This also seemed to affect accessing new files in my Dropbox account. After resetting the proxy settings in my browser (Dolphin) I was able to see the newly uploaded files in Dropbox.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez