European Galaxy S on T-Mobile network

DarrellT

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I was working in Europe (Holland) and bought an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S to use on the T-Mobile network there with a prepaid plan. I connected flawlessly (at 3G) after the store sales person configured the phone for me. I've moved back to the U.S. and went to a T-Mobile store here and again obtained a prepaid chip which connects fine for talk but some apps get a Force Close error (NPR, Facebook...). Gmail and some other apps work fine. I have a feeling that the basic phone is the same as the U.S. version and that this is a configuration issue. Can anyone tell me what changes could have been missed in the reconfig? The store personnel here suggested that I try a factory reset but I think that may be too drastic at this point.

Help!!

zuben el genubi

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Different frequencies for data. TMO Europe seems to use closer to ATT. I've bought unlocked European phones - 1 Nokia and one Galaxy Apollo. Neither one worked on TMO 3G. However, the Nokia is working on both 3G and wifi on TMO in England. I gave it to a family member.

I used my own wifi - both phones did well, so speed didn't concern me as long as voice and texting worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore