PLEASE HELP: Phone purchased from Target & question

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for an add a line and purchased the GS II about 5 weeks ago from a Target kiosk authorized dealer. Now, my gf broke up w/ me and took the phone with her. What can I do? She agreed to pay me the ETF for Tmobile. However, after taking a look at the Target receipt I saw:

"As part of the process for activating a wireless handset or other device I agree to provide a valid credit card that the Retailer will process. If the device and its wireless service agreement are not in continuously in service for 90 days after the original purchase date and the device is not returned to the retailer, I agree that the retailer MAY charge my credit card an unreturned merchandise fee equal to the device's non activated price minus the activated price I paid."

By the way, Radio Shack and Target shared same "unreturned merchandise fee" term above.

So my question is will they really do this? It said "may" not "will" so I don't know, but I don't want to find out. If you have any experience with this, please advise. Also, what if I cancel the credit card I used to pay for my phone? I figure if that if that credit card is no longer active, they cannot charge me correct or am I wrong?

I am pretty sure my gf won't pay me to keep the service for the next 2 months. And I certainly don't want to pay the full retail cost of the phone? What can I do at this point? Wait and cancel after the 90 days or this is just a scare tactic? What if I cancel after 80 days instead of 90 days? Please help.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38