No Contract? No S3 for you!

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is now reminding me of the soup Nazi. I've been to 3 stores and they've all told me that I can't buy the S3 without a contract. Also, I tried ordering online and I can't order without a new plan which means I get a new contract. I've been off-contract for 4 years. I am not planning to start now. Has anyone experienced this? Customer Service will not sell it over the phone due to "high demand".

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Crazy that sucks have you tried going to Radioshack or Wal-Mart to buy it might coast you a little more but you might get it. (personally I know Wal-Mart is sloppy selling phone before launch)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Android Central Forums

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Crazy that sucks have you tried going to Radioshack or Wal-Mart to buy it might coast you a little more but you might get it. (personally I know Wal-Mart is sloppy selling phone before launch)

I bought 2 @ wal mart for 198 plus tax $18 upgrade fee

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I did not try Wa-Mart or Radioshack. The people I spoke with yesterday must have been having a bad day. I just called CS and they noted on my account that I can purchase full retail. CS will not take phone orders due to the demand. I will try the store again today hopefully they still have them :confused:

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried getting the S3 today and I was denied! You have to sign a 2 year contract and that's about it. Apparently current inventory is not enough to allow selling at retail. This is pathetic. As much as I want the S3, it's not worth paying higher monthly rates by signing a new contract. I guess I'll have to wait for Samsung to get their act together and ship more devices. :mad:

Apple_sux

May 19, 2012
Visit site
All telco's in Australia will not
sell phones out right, you can
prepaid phones which a carrier
locked, but as for high end
phones like Samsung GS3,
no carrier will sell them without
contract. Ebay is a good place
to look.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums

jgalan14

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I seen that too tmobile stores are taking advantage I got mine already but at first they get me hassle, every single time you call and ask, they ask you if it is for a new line, how does that make it available

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Damn i dont kow what to say, but it seems you could just get a galaxy nexus out right with jelly bean preview and you will have the same performance, plus voice search on jb is pretty much at the top. Just an idea you wont see studders on the nexus anymore after the update. Like alex dobie said is a totally new experiencemjust remember project butter :).

STBear

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
When I went to Tmobile the other they didn't have any until they heard it wasn't an upgrade but two new lines. All of a sudden they had the last two in stock. There price was $300+ per phone. I told them AT&T had them for $199 and you can get them the next day. They said even though the phone was more expensive their plans were better and would cost less in the long run, Needless to say, I don't have a GS III yet.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Do the math get one at Walmart for $216 out the door under contract and if you need to break the contact the ETF is $200 up to the 1st year 1/2, $100 12th month to 90 days and $50 90 days to zero.

Its a no brainier. Besides people acting like its a badge of courage because one is out of contract then pay more for phones?

Remember T mobile is a business who sell service not hardware, hardware is what get the service that they make money on with minimal profit margin...

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I found a Tmobile store that was actually willing to sell the phone to me at full retail. So now I am a proud owner of the S3.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
tmobile, their stores, radio shack. all make more money when they sell a phone on contract. than they do if you buy it off contract

paazel

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
craigslist? bought mine for $550 cash, brand new in box. there are lots of people who get this for contract renewal, and realize they can make some cold hard cash!

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
craigslist? bought mine for $550 cash, brand new in box. there are lots of people who get this for contract renewal, and realize they can make some cold hard cash!

I just bought mine on Craig's also used once to activate the SIM before I Bought it paid ........450!!! Brand new prepaid t-mobile all the way and they added device protection also for new phones Mua ha ha

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87