Internal Storage doesn't show on PC

kbolt876

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I've been asked to help someone with this problem but now I am lost.

When I connect the S3 to the PC, I expect to see its 16GB internal in My Computer on my PC but I don't. It doesn't show up at all. Now the phone doesn't have a SIM card in it or an external SD card, but I'm pretty sure that those being missing should not stop it from showing the internal storage.

I had a Captivate once and I remember when I plugged it into a computer, on the phone it would ask me if I want to use USB or connect it otherwise, then I would choose accordingly. While I am aware that the S3 uses MTP, I don't see anything pop up on the phone. Just that it's charging.

Oh, and the drivers for the phone have been installed. The ADB and CDC and USB drivers, I believe. It still only comes up as a modem though. Is there anyone who could explain this to me? And help me, please?

kbolt876

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I was wary to install Kies on my machine since it has given me problems in the past with my Galaxy Nexus and my ADB drivers. Also, I've never had to install Kies in order to get drivers for internal storage to be recognized by my computer or any other computer, and I've had a couple phones connected here.

However, I will consider what you've said and try installing Kies on another computer and see if I get better results.

kbolt876

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So I've installed Kies and had Kies install the drivers on another computer and no dice. Same problem, and the phone won't connect to Kies. Kies picks up that it is a T999 but no other connection can be made. It just stays at the connecting screen. I've even put an external microSD in it but not even that comes up on the PC.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Installing Kies installs the Samsung Drivers also. If Kies can see the phone then the phone would show in Windows Explorer and you can drag and drop. Another option would be AirDroid. With AirDroid you can access your Internal SD and External SD using your Web Browser of choice in the Windows Machine.

kbolt876

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, thank you for the suggestions, I'll be sure to try them out but that doesn't really answer why the phone's internal storage won't show up as some removable storage in My Computer. :S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38