Task Manager Location and Force Close Questions

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
First can someone point out where I can find the taskmanager

Second yet more important I am.getting a good bit of force
Closes. Might anyone surmise as to why? I know I can go clear the cache.on that particular app and USUALLY that app won't do it any longer.

Thx and Merry Christmas

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
First can someone point out where I can find the taskmanager

Second yet more important I am.getting a good bit of force
Closes. Might anyone surmise as to why? I know I can go clear the cache.on that particular app and USUALLY that app won't do it any longer.

Thx and Merry Christmas

Well since you are on a Nexus S with gingerbread there is no reason whatsoever that you should need a task manager.

Usually force closes are due to conflicting codes or just poor code period. do you have an app brain account. App brain will sink a list of all your apps that you have installed, perhaps there are some obvious poorly written apps on your phone.
What apps are force closing?

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I said I am a total newborn I meant it. Lol. I would definitely not the one for a to ba pond meeting a task killer. I just wanted to know where it was, since they put it on there.

Leslie are you saying that at brain would cause the problem. Or are you saying that that brain history list of apps that could tell you where the problem is? In either case I wouldn't know how to do it myself and that was the point of the post did you give me a little more direction? If you have time at all I know what you are probably busy with the holiday.

pathfinder3

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
To get to the built in Task Manager, hit the Menu key then select Manage apps. Select the far right tab, Running. From here you will be able to stop any app that's currently running.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When I said I am a total newborn I meant it. Lol. I would definitely not the one for a to ba pond meeting a task killer. I just wanted to know where it was, since they put it on there.

Leslie are you saying that at brain would cause the problem. Or are you saying that that brain history list of apps that could tell you where the problem is? In either case I wouldn't know how to do it myself and that was the point of the post did you give me a little more direction? If you have time at all I know what you are probably busy with the holiday.

i meant this would make a list of apps that you have so you can send us a link and we could quickly look at them. i apologize im at work and im on android central covertly so i can't spend alot of time being descriptive.

AppBrain Android Market - find the best Android Apps and Games
set up an account.
then download app brain on your phone
login in from your phone and hit sync.

This will also serve as a backup list of the apps on your phone if ever needed

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
WOW. Iam not used to someone that nice.
thx

As soon as my parents lea e and I figure out how to generate the.list I will. Also I read back and saw typos...not the best typist. Besides a lot can.be blamed.on the speaker. LOL

Will return in a couple hours. Whatever I can do...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
WOW. Iam not used to someone that nice.
thx

As soon as my parents lea e and I figure out how to generate the.list I will. Also I read back and saw typos...not the best typist. Besides a lot can.be blamed.on the speaker. LOL

Will return in a couple hours. Whatever I can do...

Ok no problem if im not around someone will be. in the mean time uninstall any apps that you dont really need or like. this may solve the problem and you can always go and reinstall them later if they dont seem to be the problem

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Droid. Done. Let me.know if this is OK

I went into my signed in AppBrain Acct, updated them, deleted a few. Then I made public so u can go in and look at my list. I use the same.SN as the one here, eric0668 or if u can't see the list PM me ur email

I hope I did.it.properly and I thank u for ur.help. it has calmed a tad. Who knows. Maybe it was due.to.the first 12 hours of.stt8 use getting every page setup. I am.curious.to.see your opinion .Merry Christmas

ERIC

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Droid. Done. Let me.know if this is OK

I went into my signed in AppBrain Acct, updated them, deleted a few. Then I made public so u can go in and look at my list. I use the same.SN as the one here, eric0668 or if u can't see the list PM me ur email

I hope I did.it.properly and I thank u for ur.help. it has calmed a tad. Who knows. Maybe it was due.to.the first 12 hours of.stt8 use getting every page setup. I am.curious.to.see your opinion .Merry Christmas

ERIC

Hey Eric,

looking over your apps the first thing i would suggest is removing advanced task killer, then give it a day and tell me if you see any difference.

hope you had a happy holiday

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I will do that. Why do u say do that?...cause it already has one? Does its task manager work on its own or do you have to go in and kill the apps manually.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I will do that. Why do u say do that?...cause it already has one? Does its task manager work on its own or do you have to go in and kill the apps manually.

Because you do not need one, it eats up battery , and causes more problems than it helps if you are not using it in a specific way... Android OS is designed not to need one, it handles memory differently then lets say windows,. it most likely causing some of your problems. If you search Android Central there are many resources and discussions on explaining why they are not needed.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again Drops. U really r very kind and generous with ur help

How about the supposed task manager they put in with the Settings/applications. Should I go in and close things or just leave it alone

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
You can just leave them alone unless you have one out of control poorly written app. But that is very rare.

Also install system panel, free in The market. It's by far the best task app to show you what's using your CPU and all. I got the paid version which shows even more info. It's superb and the top app people use for this. But the free version will get you going for sure. It's a must have.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Roger also. U too. I will get that

Can u look at my frustrating Post asking should I even keep it and recommend a zoom app where u can see it zoom before u take the pic

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I installed like I said I would, but it looks quite confusing. I am assuming I should NOT use it like a task killer and kill everything is that correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty