S10 Lite and my favorite music player aren't having it

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
So here's the deal. Last Friday I bought myself a brand new Galaxy S10 Lite SM-G770U1 from Straight Talk. Absolutely AMAZING phone with the exception of a minor bit annoying issue. I am using a third party music player (Elysium Group's ad-free music player) and it seems to be killing the player randomly. Sometimes it happens when I clear the recent apps, other times when exiting the player with the back button, but even worse often simply when exiting an app with the back of home buttons. It's kinda annoying especially with the massive 8GB of RAM this beast of a phone has and it doesn't happen on my old US phone (S8) or on the second hand Exynos S9 that I use when traveling internationally (both of which have only 4GB of RAM). Does anyone know how to fix this so that the player stays memory-resident as long as I have music playing? I've see some apps claim they can fix this but I am usually sketched out by anything claiming miracle fixes. I thought Huawei and Xiaomi were the only brands with this issue but apparently Samsung has gone down the aggressive memory management rabbit hole which IMO is not needed when this thing has as much RAM as my gaming PC had before upgrades.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to the app's Info page (either through Settings/Apps or by long-pressing the app in the launcher), go to the Battery section, and make sure that 'Optimize battery usage' is turned off for the app you want.

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
Go to the app's Info page (either through Settings/Apps or by long-pressing the app in the launcher), go to the Battery section, and make sure that 'Optimize battery usage' is turned off for the app you want.
Ok thanks. Just did that. Will see over the next day or two whether that fixes it. Hmmm... I'm guessing Samsung made the optimization a bit more intense through updates (which does explain why the battery in this thing is way better than expected). Normally I only mess with these settings when apps ask (usually download managers and such).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If after turning that off the app is still misbehaving you might want to contact the developer as this might be a device-specific app bug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201