Jerry's Samsung Nexus S review

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't agree that the Nexus S is the best android device on the market. I think that it is one of the top android devices, but not the best. I like that it is a vanilla Gingerbread device. But when the other android phones get gingerbread, they would be just as good if not better in some cases. With Gingerbread, I think that the Droid X, EVO, and my touch 4G are better smartphones.

Dexter73

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't agree that the Nexus S is the best android device on the market. I think that it is one of the top android devices, but not the best. I like that it is a vanilla Gingerbread device. But when the other android phones get gingerbread, they would be just as good if not better in some cases. With Gingerbread, I think that the Droid X, EVO, and my touch 4G are better smartphones.

The advantage for the Nexus S is that the software is optimized for the hardware. Those other phones will eventually get 2.3 but it will not be able to fully utilize the 2.3 features such as NFC as well as the APIs. By the time those phones get Gingerbread, the Nexus S will have Honeycomb.

green

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I disagree and I have a Droid X.

The Nexus S has the best hardware on any Android phone right now and it's running Vanilla Android without any skins. Yeah, I don't see how any other current Android device could beat that.

The Droid X will probably get Gingerbread but it'll still have the Blur UI on top of the Android OS. In fact, Gingerbread is probably the last update the X will see.

While I like my X, I would have chosen a Nexus S over it if it released on Verizon at the time. The X is inferior to the Nexus X and Galaxy S devices from a performance standpoint because of the better hardware on those phones.