Android 2.3.2 Released

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
IMPORTANT!! (Well for some)

If you had Swype on your Nexus S and got 2.3.2 by doing the fastboot then you will no longer have Swype. Just go and delete it off of your Nexus and then download it again. This may be a problem if you got it OTA also.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean?

Sent from my Nexus S

Is this what you were asking about?? Or was it the market part??

To install the latest Nexus S build GRH78C, follow these steps:

Download the update file from Google’s server: GRH78C-from-GRH78.zip
Copy the file to your phone’s internal storage (/sdcard). Tip: The Nexus S can flash any file so there is no need to rename it update.zip
Power off your phone.
Hold down the VOLUME UP button and power it back on.
Use the volume keys to navigate to recovery and press POWER to select it.
When you see the “/!\” symbol, hold the POWER button and then press the VOLUME UP button.
You should be presented with the Android system recovery menu. Select the option “apply update from /sdcard”
Find the update file (GRH78C-from-GRH78) on your sdcard and then press the POWER button to flash it.
Wait for the update to complete and then select “reboot system now”

Last edited:

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to manually do thisbir will they eventually send me the OTA? I'm not going to do it manually if I don't need to. I can't wait for the upgrade. Please advise.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to manually do thisbir will they eventually send me the OTA? I'm not going to do it manually if I don't need to. I can't wait for the upgrade. Please advise.

Unless the people you text have been getting messages not meant for them, there's not a big reason to upgrade manually.

Baconator

AC Adviser
Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Unless the people you text have been getting messages not meant for them, there's not a big reason to upgrade manually.

Actually this does not just bring the SMS bug fix it also brings some browser fixes. Many people have reported that it was fixing problems with their browser. It fixed mine.

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Is there an official change log released for this update? I'm hoping it'll fix more than just the SMS bug and browser lag (like the random ringtone changes!).

Also, I'm hearing the update has lowered people's picture quality/resolution when browsing (is this the browser lag fix?), and worse, I've heard people who didn't have the "rebooting during phone call" problem now experiencing it after updating to 2.3.2.

I hope this is not true.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11