Stock music player can't find music

Tdavis75

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had my NS for less then a week. I synced MP3s to it from my WMP. The stock music player doesn't see the music. About once in 3 reboots it may pick up the files. The file structure is sdcard/Music/artist/... If I use a file manager I can path to the MP3s and manually play each one if I click on them. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance,
Tom
I9020 w/ Android 2.3.2

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Try to use Doubetwist.... it can sync without any software on the Android device, its petty good.

Sent from my Nexus S

Tdavis75

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm.. I think I'm having bigger problems. I downloaded Doubletwist to try it out. It produced the same thing, it couldn't see any of the music on my phone. It's almost like the phone can't see the internal memory. I then realized that none of my custom ringtones that I put on the phone were working either. So for the heck of it I deleted my sdcard\Music folder (the folder that I synced over from Windows Media Player). That folder contained only 800mb of music on it. After I deleted the folder the phone was able to see my custom ringtones. Both of the media players actually pulled up those ring tones within their playlists at that time too.

Any other ideas as to what may be causing this problem? I would like to be able to put music on my phone to use it as a MP3 player too.

Thanks again,
Tom

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Try physically adding each song... same way media player did it, MUSIC/ARTIST/ALBUM/ it could just be media player, if not return it.

Sent from my Nexus S

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i manually added each song and it works perfect on mine just put it into the mass storage my structure is sdcard/music/then the various artists with their albums in their subfolders

Tdavis75

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'll give that a try tonight. So do you think the sync method through WMP may be causing an issue and "corrupting" it somehow?

Thanks again,
Tom

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
idk if it is corrupting or encoding to the point where they just simply arent being recognized. but try manually before exchanging the unit.

Tdavis75

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I manually copied over about 800mb of MP3s. So far everything is working (knock on wood). I've even restarted and it's still working. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Thanks,
Tom

ether813

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I had a similiar issue, and what was happening was I had a voicemail, so when i rebooted the phone, while it was booting and said "preparing sd card" if i got any type of notification before that was done, i would get the generic beeping and all my files in the "sd card" storage would not mount. When i cleared the notification and rebooted and provided i didnt get an email notification before it was done preparing the sd card, everything mounted fine.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I manually copied over about 800mb of MP3s. So far everything is working (knock on wood). I've even restarted and it's still working. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Thanks,
Tom

yea it appears the error occured in the syncing process which is good that there was no corruption.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone. I just bought a Nexus S. I had previously had this issue when I had the N1. When I got the Mytouch 4G a friend of mine told me about Isync. It's a really good program and, much better than Double-twist for syncing songs from your Itunes IMO.

I still use Double-twist as a music player but, Isync for syncing. One thing I had to do, once I copied all my songs with Isync was, go into the settings of the Isync program and uncheck " Auto clean old playlist" Once I did that, all my music and playlists showed up.

Hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty