at&t nexus s

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe we are looking at a release pretty soon. AC posted that the at&t version is listed on the samsung supports site and it is indeed true. If you go to the support site and click at&t phones it shows up on the list. I at least hope it has some modifications to it like hspa+

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I just got one (not AT&T branded. Unlocked pure Google 850/1900 3G). Send me a private message and I'll share the info.

Donta79

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got one (not AT&T branded. Unlocked pure Google 850/1900 3G). Send me a private message and I'll share the info.

Can you please post a screen shot of the phone showing the model number or a shot of the box showing att 3G support?

The Negri Electronic's website listing the att Nexus S shows the T-Mobile Nexus S model number........................................

Also Since this is a non-att licensed phone, can i use the att data plan, that is 15 dollars labelled "unlimited data for nonsmartphones" on the att site

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Can you please post a screen shot of the phone showing the model number or a shot of the box showing att 3G support?

The Negri Electronic's website listing the att Nexus S shows the T-Mobile Nexus S model number........................................

Also Since this is a non-att licensed phone, can i use the att data plan, that is 15 dollars labelled "unlimited data for nonsmartphones" on the att site

more than likely no that data plan will not work

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Ordered from Negrielectronics.com. It's the GT-I9020A (AT&T compatible 3G). Don't have a screen capture app and don't want to use the phone as I'm going to sell it.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Ordered from Negrielectronics.com. It's the GT-I9020A (AT&T compatible 3G). Don't have a screen capture app and don't want to use the phone as I'm going to sell it.

I dunno, neither Google or Samsung have made any "official" statements about it. This AT&T compatible phone, while perhaps is the "real deal", is most likely not supported by the Manufacturer. I would at least power the phone up with an AT&T SIM card and verify it does connect to AT&T's 3G network. Wouldn't hurt your resell value.

And don't be confused by the GSM vs HSPA frequencies. The Nexus One/S has always had a quad-band GSM radio (850/900/1800/1900MHz). While you do see the "850" and "1900" in the list, it's 2G only!

It's the HSPA radio that will determine which 3G networks you get. For AT&T phones, the HSPA radio generally is 850/1900/2100 MHz. The HSPA radio in the current Nexus S is 900/1700/2100MHz.

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
yea definitely. if you look at all the evidence I mean Negri already has it, Canada is getting it next week so I'm going out on a limb and saying the latest the 17th

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

That looks like it's just a place holder page. Yes, the phone is real, it's going to be released. But nothing's "official" yet. The nagging question in my mind is, how does an online retailer get it and ship it, and yet nothing's announced?

Again, I'm not doubting that it's real. But I have to wonder if these phones are "engineering" samples and if they'll even be supported (software/hardware)? At over $500, "Buyer be cautious" is all I'm saying. :)

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldnt it buy it from negri thats why i showed the place holder page because until a few days ago that page didnt exist on samsung.com and now it does so within a week or so we should have a concrete release for AT&T Nexus S probably around the same time canada gets theirs on Aril 17th and thats when I will get it

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I don't now how to make it any clearer: it's a Nexus S with North American (850/1900) HSDPA bands, made by Samsung for Google and in the retail Google box. It's going to be released relatively soon and there are at least two on line retailers that apprarently have access to the stock already. Believe what you will but the documentation in the box says what it says, with my AT&T SIM card in it works perfectly and gets 3500 down, 300 up, and that's that.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I don't now how to make it any clearer: it's a Nexus S with North American (850/1900) HSDPA bands, made by Samsung for Google and in the retail Google box. It's going to be released relatively soon and there are at least two on line retailers that apprarently have access to the stock already. Believe what you will but the documentation in the box says what it says, with my AT&T SIM card in it works perfectly and gets 3500 down, 300 up, and that's that.

You're braver than me on dropping $500 on an unknown :) Glad it worked out. Why is it only 300K up, though? Is that the AT&T service in your area or the phone?

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't an unknown for me. I've done business with them before and besides, if I got something other than advertised I would have gotten my money back I assure you. Note that Negri has the full retail phones, not engineering samples. Not sure why only 300ish up. But, the Moto Atrix that I have gets the same. Must be AT&T in my area.

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't an unknown for me. I've done business with them before and besides, if I got something other than advertised I would have gotten my money back I assure you. Note that Negri has the full retail phones, not engineering samples. Not sure why only 300ish up. But, the Moto Atrix that I have gets the same. Must be AT&T in my area.

Cool, I guess when I'm forced to AT&T's network I still have a Nexus phone option! ;)