Best Unified Mail App with Live/Push mail that isn't AquaMail

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So, I use Aqua Mail and have been for years. I purchased the pro version, and was really happy with the features. That is until I received notification that the version I paid for is going away and being replaced with a subscription model. I won't do that. They are removing features that were already paid for and not updating the app unless you upgrade to the subscription by September. If I did not have the release notes option checked, I would not have even known until those features went away. 🤦‍♂️ While $29.99 is not that expensive, I am not really looking to support a company that sold a perpetual license with specific features and then takes them away unless you subscribe. If they want to do that, then write a new app and let people subscribe.

Outlook works okay. But, I would prefer to have separate mail clients for my personal vs non-personal accounts. So, I am looking for a replacement for Aqua Mail that is reliable.

I used to use K9 Mail. But switched because they did not have push mail support at the time. I believe they have that now, but the play store shows some recent reviews that indicate support may not be that great.

My only main requirements that I am looking for are:
-Reliable
-Unified Inbox
-Push Mail capability
-Not overly expensive and not a subscription model

Just looking for anything else to trial out before September.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230623_094203_Aqua Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230623_094203_Aqua Mail.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 9

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So, I use Aqua Mail and have been for years. I purchased the pro version, and was really happy with the features. That is until I received notification that the version I paid for is going away and being replaced with a subscription model. I won't do that. They are removing features that were already paid for and not updating the app unless you upgrade to the subscription by September. If I did not have the release notes option checked, I would not have even known until those features went away. 🤦‍♂️ While $29.99 is not that expensive, I am not really looking to support a company that sold a perpetual license with specific features and then takes them away unless you subscribe. If they want to do that, then write a new app and let people subscribe.

Outlook works okay. But, I would prefer to have separate mail clients for my personal vs non-personal accounts. So, I am looking for a replacement for Aqua Mail that is reliable.

I used to use K9 Mail. But switched because they did not have push mail support at the time. I believe they have that now, but the play store shows some recent reviews that indicate support may not be that great.

My only main requirements that I am looking for are:
-Reliable
-Unified Inbox
-Push Mail capability
-Not overly expensive and not a subscription model

Just looking for anything else to trial out before September.
I have been following this closely too because I've used Aqua Mail Pro for many years and I am very dismayed that they are moving to a subscription model without at least grandfathering those who purchased the Pro license a long time ago. The first year at 9.99 and then 29.99/yr afterwards doesn't cut it. Then they said that you would not lose the Pro functions that you already use, which is not correct because if you look at your screenprint, you lose a lot. People have been leaving bad reviews on their Play Store app page, and today I noticed they updated the chart you posted... Now the only thing Pro users would lose is the 'one-click to unsubscribe' feature - which they just added? I don't know if this is a glitch or if they wised up but I am not sure I trust this enough to believe it. So, in the interim - I will also be exploring other options in the event this does not pan out.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I am also using Samsung Default Mail app and it works really well. It ended replacing my default exchange email that got discontinued and wanted one with similar features mainly being able to all my unread emails (from multiple folders) is 1 place. The Samsung email does that but not Outlook

Reactions: BerryBubbles

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I also use Samsung Email with no complaints. I have my more important email accounts set up within Samsung Email.

I have my annoying 😒 email account setup in Outlook. I do like Samsung much better. It seems cleaner to me.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos