T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - Google nav

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of navigation apps available if you don't like Google Nav.

I am currently using Waze as my primary navigation app, but I don't find Google's frustrating or unstable or hard to use at all (YMMV). Maybe if you posted more specific gripes with it (like what are you finding hard to use), we could help or make recommendations.

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
When are we getting a stable, easy - to - operate navigation app? The beta is frustrating in the extreme. Bob Keesecker.

Posted via Android Central App
Bob, I am with you 100% I miss the google nav app from my S4 Active!!!! From the research Ive done, Google updated the Nav app now we have to use the Google maps app. Because our phones have a newer version of Android we can not have the Google stand alone nav app.

There are so many features on the google nav app that are not on the google maps app!!! I am not happy........

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I love Google navigation.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So do I, Unfortunately w/ my note 3 I am forced to use Google maps in place of Google Nav. Do you have Google Nav on your phone? if so, please let me know how to get it. I miss it!!!

You should have it. Search an address in maps.. Get the address and hit the button at the bottom right (see below).

I simply put in an address... Chose the route via the highway.. It loaded the directions as you can see... And if I hit the button at the bottom right it goes to turn by turn Google navigation.

Attachments

• 1383833707069.jpg
    1383833707069.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 25

floridarick

May 13, 2011
Visit site
You should have it. Search an address in maps.. Get the address and hit the button at the bottom right (see below).

I simply put in an address... Chose the route via the highway.. It loaded the directions as you can see... And if I hit the button at the bottom right it goes to turn by turn Google navigation.

This is what I was I was seeing before I thought to click on the estimated time, once I did that I got the google nav app, Thank you for the help!!!!
Screenshots_2013-11-07-10-19-41.jpg

adelcastillo78

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Google nav is now integrated with Google maps. So is not missing, is just part of maps. I like it so far and it has been stable in my note 3.

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I deleted all nav updates to get back to Google nav and it seems to help, BUT it still isn't as stable and intuitive as it used to be - maybe I should just quit whining and learn to make the most of it. Bob Keesecker.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yeah they integrated it into all the maps app. My iPhone also has the ability to run this. Not as smoothly as the note though.

Sent from my gameboy color