Stock App Folders

Satori

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
When I first received my S23, there were 3 app folders already created. In a hasty effort to remove unwanted apps, I deleted one of those folders and I do not remember which apps were in it. The two remaining folders are the "google" app folder and the "microsoft" app folder. I'm mainly wondering which apps were in it because now I do not have an easy way to access Android Auto. It doesn't appear in the app tray so I cannot move a "shortcut" to the home screen. The only way I'm able to access AA is via Settings > Apps.

Can anyone tell me if the app folder that I deleted contained an app icon / shortcut to AA?

TY

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Removing a folder does not, inherently, uninstall those apps, there are multiple prompts that you have to go through to uninstall apps, so I think you are safe there.

If you go to Settings and search fo "Android Auto", you will see Android Auto for Phone Screens where you can set some settings. There is also under "others" Android Auto where you can set more specific App settings.

As stated by @puch96 , there is no specific app icon on the home screen or app drawer, it turns on when your phone is plugged in and detects what is needed for it to be used.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: B. Diddy

Satori

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
OK, thank you for the replies! Working through wireless AA issues and was hoping there was an easier way to access AA settings quickly. Appreciate the clarification.

Edox

May 8, 2012
Visit site
.......... I do not have an easy way to access Android Auto. It doesn't appear in the app tray so I cannot move a "shortcut" to the home screen. The only way I'm able to access AA is via Settings > Apps.

TY
You can do as I did, with the 3rd party apk you can make a shortcut....

14 June 2023 173354 CEST.jpg