Very Strange S voice issue, on NOTE 3 Please Please try this and reply back with help.

Olayer20

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Met someone with a T-mobile note 3 today his son voice worked just fine. I checked his settings and everything was the same as mine and so was his software. I have no idea what's going on with this issue I returned my gear to best buy already fearing it wouldn't work and it was past the return time I'm lost

Posted via Android Central App

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
switch voice is referring to an app...follow the link to see.

Yes, S Voice works great on wifi...but not on Tmo network. And that's the problem, need S Voice to work on Tmo network for use in car.

Misfit_138

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
switch voice is referring to an app...follow the link to see.

Yes, S Voice works great on wifi...but not on Tmo network. And that's the problem, need S Voice to work on Tmo network for use in car.

(noob to threads) It is not working on my Note 3 or Galaxy S4. I just got off of chat with Tmo without them specifically saying it, the problem is with their network. They told me to wait a few days and then try the S Voice again and if it wasn't working to call back and complain again.

Jose Morales9

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem When not connect to WIFI and trying to use S voice it keeps coming up ( cannot find network connection please try again) Can not call or text any one in my contacts list, I've swapped out my hand set 3 times already and have spoken with T-mobile numerous times and Samsung and cannot get any satisfaction. The last thing I heard from T-mobile was " sorry We've filed a ticket with Samsung about the problem and your gonna have to wait about 2 to 3 months for the next update from Samsung".

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Deke218, where did you get this version of S-Voice? I've been searching all over for a working version.

EDIT: Nevermind, that's the same version I have that's not working for me.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm on T-Mobile. On LTE though.
Works perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3.

Attachments

• 1389737636308.jpg
    1389737636308.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 27

cbounds

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
This issue has been happening to me as well. On my second Note 3 from T-Mobile in 4 days trying to resolve. I found something that made S-Voice start working on my Note 3 and Gear again.... at least for now.

On your Note goto settings-->Controls--->Language and Input

Change "Voice Recognizer" to "Samsung powered by Vlingo"

Try S-Voice

Did this work for anyone else?

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just checked and mine works. Although it didn't work on the first try, got what the OP and others have posted. Following attempts worked without a hitch.

N3 via AC App

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Got my replacement phone today. The error only showed up on first try, working fine on all other attempts.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Olayer20

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Got my 3rd Note 3 today went down to T-mobile got a new sim card right off the bat and it's been fine all day

Posted via Android Central App

jmorales41

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
For any one using the T-mobile Note 3, you now that they are having problems with S Voice ( it comes up saying it cannot find the network when not connected to WIFI). I've talked to the T-mobile tech support and they say it's not them that the problem is Samsung. I've Spoken with Samsung Tech support and they say it's T-mobile, both tech supports suck cause neither one of them can figure it out. To fix the problem you have to reset your APN network settings. Go to settings, under connections go to more networks, then click on mobile networks, then click access points names, you should see a screen that has T-mobile US LTE, make sure that it has a green dot showing. Then go to menus, when you click the menus you should see reset to default, press that and let the phone do the rest. With in 30 seconds you see a message that read ( APN has been reset to default). That fix the problem on my phone. I hope you the same luck that I had with the fix for that problem.:)

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I changed my setting to vlingo and tested it and it now works. I went back to Google and it still works. What the heck,, I will give it a few days and see what happens.

witznd

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Charlie I have the same problem EXCEPT I can make the call VIA my bluetooth headset when I turn my wifi off and just run off verizon. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make me frustrated! I activate my bluetooth and say call--husband...after a VERY long pause I will get the Svoice stating: "No network connection...please connect and try again. If I turn OFF my wifi and activate bluetooth it will work just fine. The Svoice is painfully slow to respond however, not near as quick as SIRI was for me. I went to Bestbuy where I bought the phone and they were very puzzled...the GEEK took my phone and pretended to perform a bunch of magic, handed me back my phone and said it was all fixed and I shouldn't have that problem anymore...made a test call and it worked. Got home and had the same stupid message!

It only does this when I try to use my bluetooth to initiate a call. I can manually select the contact the old fashioned way--with a finger and that will work and my call will go through while connected to my bluetooth. So like I said, it doesn't do it all the time, but enough to really frustrate me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii