Checking tap and pay settings

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Do we have access to GWallet now or has the tap and pay settings been removed? Just curious if t&p works, can't find that (setting) anywhere

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It might be my loyalty cards I have stored in there that worked, I can't remember for sure now. Let me see if I can find anything in my transactions.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think it was a loyalty card transaction with my GW.

Isis works on T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon. They were testing in Austin and have just started expanding. You can put any debit or credit card in there now. I do a Serve prepaid card, which you can sign up with quickly, because you get money back on it, for your purchases. Also it doesn't have to be only Wells Fargo and Chase, I have my bank and it is only a small regional bank, card in Isis. Isis just recently ended a promotion where they gave you $50 on your Serve card for signing up for Isis, They have promotions all the time. I don't think I have paid with my bank card, but others have. Isis was in testing in the Austin area only for a long time and I have been watching it. I think it only came out of testing and had places open up that are taking it, only in the last few months.

One of the things with Isis, people are starting to notice a lot of vending machines being put in areas that have Isis, there is a thread about Isis in the AT&T section.

Here is a thread from XDA about Wallet and they are working on ROMS. Looks like there is an issue with all Samsungs but the S4 and it is something Samsung can fix, but if Isis takes everywhere like it did in Austin, then it won't be needed.

[MOD][WIP] Google Wallet - Tap and Pay - Post 2 important link[8 Oct 13] - xda-developers

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hover at the top of this page, it is hard to see, but from the right of "get started" is "where to pay" and it seems all that take Google Wallet, plus some extra, take Isis. Also people that take "PayPass" take Isis. Best way to search your area is in the search field, put City, State County

https://www.paywithisis.com/get-started.html

There are a pretty good many in my area and we are the last to get things like this, many times.

isis.jpg

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
There is no ROM that can fix this and it has nothing to do with Samsung or any of the carriers. The NFC chip is not supported by Google. Google is the only one who can fix it. They may fix it in 4.4.3 but no guarantees. Until Google provides support for the hardware chip in our phones, no one else can do anything at all to make tap and pay work in Wallet.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
There is no ROM that can fix this and it has nothing to do with Samsung or any of the carriers. The NFC chip is not supported by Google. Google is the only one who can fix it. They may fix it in 4.4.3 but no guarantees. Until Google provides support for the hardware chip in our phones, no one else can do anything at all to make tap and pay work in Wallet.

So, that is all you got from my post? lol

You want tap and pay right now, use Isis, it works, it works at many places, more added. Again, PayPass places also take it.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So, that is all you got from my post? lol

You want tap and pay right now, use Isis, it works, it works at many places, more added. Again, PayPass places also take it.

What I was doing was answering the OP's question and making sure he and anyone else reading this was not misled by the misinformation in your posts.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
What I was doing was answering the OP's question and making sure he and anyone else reading this was not misled by the misinformation in your posts.

I knew the deal with the chip but when I updated to kit kat back in March the tap to pay setting was in Google Wallet. Now it's not there. Wasn't sure if anything changed

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I knew the deal with the chip but when I updated to kit kat back in March the tap to pay setting was in Google Wallet. Now it's not there. Wasn't sure if anything changed

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

According to my convo with Google tonight, what changed and blocked it, was the update to GW.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non