T-Mobile is officially getting the Galaxy S4 on May 1 for $99 Down Payment

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Who on earth pays that much on ATT? I surely would not. I do not know anyone who pay that much for their bill...With free mobile to mobile and rollover minutes, who has unlimited minutes? I have unlimited LTE and almost 3000 roll over minutes that I will never use. Also have a corporate discount. My last bill was $69.88 complete. Nothing against T mobile but not everyone gets ripped a new one by ATT... so $1039 for me when I get the S4 yeah!

You probably don't have unlimited Internet if you do. You're one of the lucky ones, if you had no company and you needed unlimited everything tmobile is the cheapest option. 70 a month. At&t would be about 85 bucks plus tax and that's if you get 1GB of Internet. Your situation may be different from others but If i weren't provided a phone from work I would definitely go to tmobile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Who on earth pays that much on ATT? I surely would not. I do not know anyone who pay that much for their bill...With free mobile to mobile and rollover minutes, who has unlimited minutes? I have unlimited LTE and almost 3000 roll over minutes that I will never use. Also have a corporate discount. My last bill was $69.88 complete. Nothing against T mobile but not everyone gets ripped a new one by ATT... so $1039 for me when I get the S4 yeah!

**correction**
My company does not pay for my bill but since I'm involved with at&t I get it for much much cheaper.
My bill is 46 bucks that includes unlimited minutes text and 20GB of data with hotspot. If I were a regular customer I would pay about 200 or more with this plan

8ygasety.jpg

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
**correction**
My company does not pay for my bill but since I'm involved with at&t I get it for much much cheaper.
My bill is 46 bucks that includes unlimited minutes text and 20GB of data with hotspot. If I were a regular customer I would pay about 200 or more with this plan

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/04/8ygasety.jpg

I do have unlimited data- or 5 GB which I have never used more than 2.5. My company does not pay the bill either. They provide a phone for me, an iPhone 5 on Verizon. We can actually pick between Verizon and AT&T and I pick Verizon so I can have AT&T and Verizon with me for maximum coverage when I travel. Also have a Verizon LTE jet pack hotspot through work. I have had the discount with AT&T for at least 12 or so years maybe longer.

You have a great deal on AT&T which proves my point that many people on AT&T do not pay the full price on plans. My wife has t mobile and it works fine in DFW. It is not as good when we travel as she has had to use my phones periodically. I think with taxes she pays more than I do so take this rate plan info with a grain of salt. (not saying these are not the rates, only saying not many pay these rate)

Again nothing against t mobile but when I saw the rate plan prices above, I just wanted to respond. Maybe if I were paying 100 % out of pocket I might consider t mobile but I am happy with my deal.

Last edited:

LoganK

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I think it's silly to compare to the unlimited plans, but even cheapskates like me come out ahead:

AT&T: 450 minutes, 300 MB, unlimited text (minimum text option without per-use charges): $79.99 => $2119
T-Mobile: Unlimited minutes, 500 MB, unlimited text, phone payments: $70.00 => $1779

2.5 Yr AT&T: $2599
2.5 Yr T-Mobile: $2079

And with T-Mobile, I have lower upfront costs and unlimited data

With two lines, AT&T gets more complicated, but I think the best deal is the MobileShare plan:

AT&T: Unlimited minutes, 1 GB, unlimited text: $130 => $3518
T-Mobile: Unlimited minutes, 1 GB, unlimited text, phone payments: $120.00 => $3078

2.5 Yr AT&T: $4298
2.5 Yr T-Mobile: $3558

Obviously, the savings only get better the longer you hold onto your phone, but six months doesn't sound like too much to ask. With T-Mobile, you may also have the option of getting your employer to pay for the phone (which is often easier than getting employer service options).

The old plans on T-Mobile were slightly better (strictly in terms of price), and it's not clear whether they are continuing to offer employee/group discounts on the plans (they didn't use to offer these on month-to-month plans).

(As an aside, the AT&T web site is horribly complicated to navigate ... but I imagine most people buy in store which makes the entire process easier.)

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not clear whether they are continuing to offer employee/group discounts on the plans (they didn't use to offer these on month-to-month plans).

(As an aside, the AT&T web site is horribly complicated to navigate ... but I imagine most people buy in store which makes the entire process easier.)

Discounts still apply on these plans. It's hard to call these month-to-month plans, more accurate would be postpaid. So there would be no confusion between prepaid and postpaid.

But I can't wait to get me one of these. I plan on paying $300 down and then I'll pay it off whenever I feel like it later. I know ppl say pay it all now but why when they give me 24 months with 0 interest to do it when I want? My bill will roughly be $20 plus taxes not including the phone. So I'll prob drop $100 a month into the phone payments and then have it paid off before the N5 drops. If it entices me then I will grab that.

I love the freedom T-Mo is giving me with great value. Nowadays I care more about the phone than I do the coverage, but it doesn't hurt they give me unlimited everything.

Edit - Before ppl ask me why my bill is so cheap, I'm on a family plan with no added data currently.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Now question. With the new t-mobile plans, can I change my phone every six months if I choose to? Like will they keep giving me a down payment option if I paid my phone in full?

For example lets say I get the unlimited plan. Pay a little more than the 20 on top of the plan, and then pay off the phone in 6 months. Or just pretty much sell my phone and pay off the remainder . Will they allow me to get another one with just the down payment?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Now question. With the new t-mobile plans, can I change my phone every six months if I choose to? Like will they keep giving me a down payment option if I paid my phone in full?

For example lets say I get the unlimited plan. Pay a little more than the 20 on top of the plan, and then pay off the phone in 6 months. Or just pretty much sell my phone and pay off the remainder . Will they allow me to get another one with just the down payment?

Yup

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Interesting....I'm in SW FL but I don't believe they have refarmed here. But either way your phone should work with HSPA in that case.

Perfect it's for my mom. Since I have AT&T. But I want to get her off that damn MetroPCS phone. She'll be paying the same with international calls. 60 bucks. Just hope it's flat lol

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Perfect it's for my mom. Since I have AT&T. But I want to get her off that damn MetroPCS phone. She'll be paying the same with international calls. 60 bucks. Just hope it's flat lol

I believe the prepaid version is a flat fee(Or little taxes), but a postpaid account would involve regular taxes. Roughly 12%.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Aren't all pretty much prepaid? Lol

Nah, difference between prepaid and no contract. The basic plans that require a credit check and will allow you to finance a phone are postpaid accounts.

The prepaid requires no credit check but you pay your bill before you use the service.

Obviously neither require a contract.

epicness4G

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Nah, difference between prepaid and no contract. The basic plans that require a credit check and will allow you to finance a phone are postpaid accounts.

The prepaid requires no credit check but you pay your bill before you use the service.

Obviously neither require a contract.

Perfect so ill get my own device and put her on the prepaid plan.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Perfect so ill get my own device and put her on the prepaid plan.

If you plan on doing the financing and going with T-Mo also....you could save some cash by just putting her on the family plan. $80 a month for the 2 of you and $10 for her data(I'm assuming 2.5GB is enough)so she will only need to pay $50 and tax.