Possible to buy T-Mobile devices outright, no plan?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have had a different experience with this. I bought my Note 4 (pre-order) online .. and paid it off in full 1 month later. I called and they sent me an unlock code within a few hours.

You aren't really contradicting him. He said 'day one.'

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I have had a different experience with this. I bought my Note 4 (pre-order) online .. and paid it off in full 1 month later. I called and they sent me an unlock code within a few hours.
Was this recently or long time ago? They now have 45 days of service rule.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As per tmobile official policy

"The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line."

So even If one buys a phone at full price today one has to have the phone active for at least 40 days.

I had it less than 40 days. It varies by rep -- some will do stuff not exactly to the letter .. some will. Definitely not new in the carrier scene.

Cavboygt

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I called today 4/7/15. This is the rules on my note 4 not paid. 4 to 5 days for the unlocked code by email. only good for 30days and they will lock it again. Unless I paid off everything $560 no 30days policy.

Note 4 strong Posted via the Android Central App

AndyVeeee

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588

On the second sub-heading, under the magenta divider, it says :

We provide mobile device unlock codes free of charge within two business days (or provides further information about timing) for eligible devices.

Device eligibility is determined as follows:
The device must be a T-Mobile device.
The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked to T-Mobile.
The account associated with the device must be in good standing.
You have requested no more than 2 mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
The device must satisfy all the Postpaid or Pay in Advance (Prepaid) Unlocking terms outlined below.
You may need a non-T-Mobile and non-MetroPCS SIM card to insert in the phone.

Now, I'm not sure if it applies to this scenario, however.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I paid for my Note 4 outright back in January.

I called and asked for the unlock on Friday morning. Early Friday afternoon, I got the code in my email and unlocked my phone.
I still have my Note Edge, iPhone 5S and 6+ to unlock and I think I'll request unlocks for those Monday morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38