Why can't I download and view images over MMS?

RadDogOne

May 30, 2015
Visit site
When someone sends me an image over text/messaging, I press download, but nothing downloads and it says "downloading". It will sit there for hours and nothing will download, so it's not download speed. I also have WiFi on and my data usage enabled. Any suggestions?

P.S: I have a Alcatel One-Touch Pop Astro from Walmart Mobile.

Screenshot.png

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
When someone sends me an image over text/messaging, I press download, but nothing downloads and it says "downloading". It will sit there for hours and nothing will download, so it's not download speed. I also have WiFi on and my data usage enabled. Any suggestions?

P.S: I have a Alcatel One-Touch Pop Astro from Walmart Mobile.

View attachment 178946

go to Walmart Mobile site and get the APN settings.

GeodudeFFP

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It may also be a bug in the app/phone/carrier combo. Try turning off wifi and using mobile data only for MMS...if you can then download it, just replace your default texting app with chompSMS and use the T-Mobile wifi fixes for MMS in the settings for chompSMS. We had to do this with our G2's and now they work fine for MMS.

Posted via the Android Central App

nodzarf

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
It may also be a bug in the app/phone/carrier combo. Try turning off wifi and using mobile data only for MMS...if you can then download it, just replace your default texting app with chompSMS and use the T-Mobile wifi fixes for MMS in the settings for chompSMS. We had to do this with our G2's and now they work fine for MMS.

I had same issue. I use Textra now and have no problem with the download. But with the stock messaging app I can capture almost a minute of video to attach to a message. With Textra or Chomps I can only get 10 or 15 seconds on my G3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty